BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:01 am 

blag 30k1 packed in after i did an apt-get dist-upgrade yesterday (using just blag repos). i noticed that a few blag packages were going to be installed (icons and stuff, i think), and had a hunch it would all go wrong.

actually it ran fine all day even after a reboot, but after a second reboot it all went a bit broken.

the graphical log in went awol, and when i logged in via text mode and did a startx, gnome started, but looked ugly, and froze. switchdesk'd to kde, and the same thing. when exiting back into text mode, there was a lot of output about problems with things like gnome-mime-text.png, and various other gnome*.png's.
switchdesk to xfce, and everything worked ok, apart from nautilus (i never got on with xffm) which crashed xfce when i started it. have used naultilus in xfce before, no problem.

time constraints prevented me from fixing the issue, altthough i did try reinstalling gnome, to no avail.
i did a blag 30k1 reinstall from disk, formatting / but leaving my /home partition intact, and it's up and running now.

however, i'm reluctant to run the dist-upgrade now in case i break it again. could those new blag icon packages have conflicted with something on my system? or was it more likely something else that was upgraded in the process (didn't really notice what else was being updated).

thought i'd mention this anyway, in case anyone else has had this problem.

cheers

bob