FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blag hangs during startup while (probing for new hardware)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it with kudzu turned off, it still hangs during the boot up sequense.
funny thing is that a few weeks back i tried out SUSE and during initialization SUSE would hang on "checking usb devices" or something like that. well I disabled usb in the bios. and it worked!
but here in blag during initialization I can't see any problems with USB , i even tried disabling it in BIOS just in case. but still BLAG just hangs there.

thank you whole-heartedly for trying to help.

-daniel

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm going crazy. Kudzu is off. Where is "there"?

Remember we are in a completely different space than you are. We have no idea what's going on there. You gotta help us help you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it would help if i were to send you screenshots of what I see.
how can I get a hold of your contact information? :shock:

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here:

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/profile.php?mode=email&u=3

to send a message to jebba. Just upload your images to imageshack ( www.imageshack.us ). Don't forget to post them here to so everybody can see them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: here it is... Reply with quote

:?

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, do what it says and press 'I' and enter interactive startup, and then when it gets to firewire select no! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I press "I" but nothing happens. almost as if i hadn't pressed it at all. :cry:
stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you press I ("eye") or l ("el") at that point? try just holding them both down *slightly before* the interactive startup thing comes up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pressed "I", and I tried holding it down
stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:( sorry for the late response, i was busy pulling my hair out because slashdot went down. ok, the problem seems to be with your USB keyboard. try using a PS/2 keyboard instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. like the screenshots. :)
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what it looks like to me :)

The module that isn't loading is ibmcam. This is non-fatal and not causing the hang. FWIW, here's what ibmcam is:
* USB IBM C-It Video Camera driver
* Supports Xirlink C-It Video Camera, IBM PC Camera,
* IBM NetCamera and Veo Stingray.

What is hanging is "intializing firewire". It looks like that module loads and then the system stops. In this thread there is a doc on how to turn off firewire (e.g. doing "nofirewire" at the kernel boot in grub).

-Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP