FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
disk permissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if this works by the way. It's off the top of my head as I don't have any vfat.
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can access my fat drive as any user in any OS. Here is the relevant section from my /etc/stab.

Quote:

/dev/hdb5 /mnt/data vfat auto,rw,umask=000 0 0

shabene
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the ticket! Cheers for all the help, i shall use this access wisely, at least i hope i will.
shabene
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all turned ugly!

as a reminder to all those out there who get too confident, things go wrong to everybody so back up first!!

well what happened was, i tried to move all the bits and peices clogging my home dir to my vfat drive, from there i was hoping to burn them to disk at leisure, bad move as the move process killed the data and has minced the drive, the partition table has gone and although i can boot and run blag, the previously split drive now shows up as one partition, i think the prob may have been something to do with the ammount of free space being reported was larger than that available, hence in the process of moving the files the whole drive became corrupted, well most of it as i have salvaged the odd file.

anyways have a laugh and try to remember me next time you try to get too clever.

(looking back at this i think the prob was caused by "recycle bin/wastepaper bin" combination, both win2k and blag had them on the drive, neither was empty.)

cheers again to all that helped me, i promise you i will learn, if slowly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP