FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
mailserver setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuffit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: mailserver setup Reply with quote

hello
does anyone have a good guide to setting up a mailserver?

we have a broadband connection, but no fixed IP

I would like to set up the server to pull all email for iinfo.nospam.@a2rt.org from our external pop3 server and it to store it as IMAP, then for users to be able to log from inside and outside our network to pick up mail.

One of the things i'm not sure about is what to put in as the hostname in postfix as we don't have a FQD

any help warmly appreciated and would be up for adding the resulting howto to the blag documentation :-)

ste

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps in hostname you could add something in the 127.0.0.1 line (localhost) that has your unchanging hostname.

There's got to be a gazillion postfix, spamassassin guides around. I don't know of a good one off hand though.

I may convert some older servers (e.g 4 years old or so) from qmail over to postfix. If I do that I'll write up a guide of some sort. This may not take place for a few months, however....

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat relevant. Talks about RH7.3, but in general should be the same.

http://freshrpms.net/docs/mail-server/

stuffit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta for that. u right tho there are a gazillion howtos, but all subtly confusing in their own way, but give it a go anyway :-)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP