FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Hardware Compatibility

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spongebox
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Hardware Compatibility Reply with quote

:) I'm very impressed with your work. I tried older versions of redhat and never got the hardware to work. Although I wish I had time to figure it out, I needed to get up and running.
This works with my new Nvidia card and my cell phone as a modem (thanks Nate), but I just don't know what to do with my Pinnacle AV/DV card.
I can't find any info on the net about configuration. If it's a lost cause for now, I can live with that answer. I know it will only be a matter of time.
If anyone can offer any advice, I would appreciate it.

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this particular piece of gear, but I recommend doing this to find out about it. As root run:

lspci

and/or

lspci -vvv

Then find the line about your Pinnacle. Key that into google along with the word "linux" and see what pops up. :)

-Jeff

spongebox
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinnacle AV/DV is an analogue and digital video pci capture card. Ultimate solution is to ebay the card and get one with Linux support. I am happy nonetheless. I will use your advice tonight and run the search.
spongebox
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I found some great info on reverse engineering a Windows driver. I'll play with that one when I have time. :wink: Pinnacle's forum has some really abused Linux users. I'm sure I'll have no problem selling the card. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP