FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Wireless Ethernet on BLAG ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sshe11
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Wireless Ethernet on BLAG ?? Reply with quote

Hey guys I've been looking to install a Linux distro (n00b) ... and was wondering if BLAG supports Wireless Ethernet ... I have a DLink DWL-520+ ( Texas Instrument acx100 chip 'coz it supports 22Mbps ) ....

Will this work with BLAG ?? or do i have to install 3rd party drivers ie. hacked windows drivers ???

magnet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BLAG has an RPM of ndiswrapper, which you can use to use your windows drivers under linux.

It seems that according to this list of supported chipsets that yours is supported! Just look at the ndiswrapper readme and it'll explain the very simple steps in setting it up. If you need help, I might be able to give some more info, I'm also using ndiswrapper with my Microsoft card :)

Edit: Upon further inspection, I jumped the gun! Just go here to find some linux drivers for your card.

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, acx100 modules are "generally" shipped with blag (not for 20000 yet). I haven't tested them yet though. For some kernels you can get them from dag too:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP