FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blag Alpha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trufflesdad
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Blag Alpha Reply with quote

Have had the alpha running for a few days no problems on my other box...I decided to
upgrade it and Mozilla has serious problems....It will not goto a url and in the mailer
it d/loads mail but when I click on a mail to read it just freezes...The newsgroups
d/load ok but when I seleect a message to read it freezes the same as the mailer..
Wonder if anyone else has this problem or do I need to reinstall ??

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had probs with the new mozilla (1.7.2), but I haven't been doing mail. You should only have to re-install mozilla if you think it's whacked. Or you could downgrade and see...

-Jeff

trufflesdad
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
I haven't had probs with the new mozilla (1.7.2), but I haven't been doing mail. You should only have to re-install mozilla if you think it's whacked. Or you could downgrade and see...

-Jeff

Ok..Thanks for the reply...I have got over it by using sylpheed for news/mail and
Firefox for a browser....Works very well....

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sylpheed looks nice but i haven't used it. I dread migrating my filters from kmail, which i've used for years...
trufflesdad
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
sylpheed looks nice but i haven't used it. I dread migrating my filters from kmail, which i've used for years...

It's a whiz with newsgroups too..Seems a lot faster than Pan......
Upgraded the kernel a few days ago and all is well...
As a matter of interest over the last 12 months I have tried over 30 diifferent
linux distros....Some last a week or so and some last a couple of days...Now I am using
Blag as my main distro and really think it great...Both boxes have been running for 3
months apart from the 2k down for the kernel upgrade...
Thanks a lot for the distro....

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP