FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Just a hello and thanks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinux
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Just a hello and thanks Reply with quote

I know that a thanks don't pay for bandwidth but i just wanted to say great distro
BLAG is just what I have been looking for, small one cd install like FreeBSD and
all the apps of the bloated distros without the bloat easily within reach thanks to apt.

Installed on a compaq presario laptop and is running great

john maclean
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried out gaim today. I'd never thought that it would be of any use to me until today. You can use the irc and msn protocols :!: WOW Thanks Jebba for developing BLAG. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, BLAG is the best distro I have tried, and Ive tried a few now! I think I have a bit of an odd system as very few distros would install with as much functionality, every step was a nightmare, BLAG was a breath of fresh air as most everything has worked nicely, the only thing I have trouble with is printing but as my work is still based on win2k it matters not yet, however I have found my missing app, (Dia, to do my wiring diagrams) so I will soon be seeking to iron that prob out.

as for Gaim, after trying Kopete on mandrake, my first taste of Linux, (a distro that fought me well and won) I am left hankering for a chance to get back to it, kopete that is. i did try to install it on BLAG 10k but failed miserably, probably due to it being compiled for another kernel, or is it a KDE only app? Anyways, just thought Id sing its praises, not sure if it does the IRC thing but it worked nicely with my ICQ and msn allowing me to send files to friends, mainly snapshots of my desktop showing off Linux, this I have never managed with Gaim.

Well best I stop babbling but thanks again for BLAG.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP