FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Flashplayer sound issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slick50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Flashplayer sound issue Reply with quote

I know this isn't a Blag issue but when I go to flash sites I get a chipmunk sounds in flash has anyone ever had this issue before? All my other programs are fine. :?
stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is your volume maxed? if you're in 10k, go to Sound & Video -> Audio Mixer and make sure things aren't maxed there either. Volume Control and make sure its not, (Master Volume and PCM). 20k (& betas): ALSA That has gotten rid of some problems for some people. try reinstalling flash player if the problem continues.

Also, see here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/alternate_players.htm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I did a reinstall I'll check out the controls, got to get it right cause its on my wifes machine, and trying to get her to go linux Ha! tough going though... thanks.
stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you don't make any browser windows open during the installation, and if you're paranoid, close your other apps too.

Also, take a look at this:
http://www.linuxforum.com/linux_tutorials/63/1.php
If you need more help, and feel free to e-mail/PM me to ask any more questions :) .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
make sure you don't make any browser windows open during the installation, and if you're paranoid, close your other apps too.

:? Why is that stevo? Is it a security issue or just a thing that u r 'sposed to do when installing stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its because when you're installing a browser plugin, you should always close your browser (unless its an XPI, like moz then you just have to restart), and also because that's what the instructions on Macromedia's website tell you do to (or else it won't work :P ).

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP