FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
eagle? DSP? FIRMWARE!!! HELP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n00bscum
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: eagle? DSP? FIRMWARE!!! HELP!! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am total newbie scum, and have only just got a box to learn linux on, and really would like to connect my dsl modem to it (no internet so autoupdate is not an option), I stumbled across this wiki on the internet, about how to do it- but it still does not work. I also have no idea how to compile it, and I don't think the GCC is installed on blag anyway. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
apart from that blag kicks ass.

stevo32
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you please give us a link to this wiki?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, here it is : http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Eagle_USB[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagle USB is the same as the S@gem, I believe.

I battled this driver a few months ago, but couldn't make it submit how I wanted. There's a few versions of the driver floating around and lots of docs in French...

The CD doesn't have development tools on it, so you're a bit stuck unless you can find a compiled version of the driver for your kernel somewhere.

I'll take another try at this thing sometime though. What URLs did you come across for Free versions of the driver?

-Jeff

n00bscum
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wiki said that there was a way to get the rpm for eagle, using the update thing for blag, now how you hook up a 56k modem.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had trouble with both 56k modems (winmodems) and the sagem 800, i found a reasonably cheap way around those probs by buying a adsl/router + 4 port hub, they are available from around 30 and add a shade of protection too.

good luck in your quest.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP