FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
50002 real soon now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caraibes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed... KinderBLAG sounds like just what I need for my kids... The older one will turn 5 in january, and he is using the café's PC's when there are no customers... 1 has Edubuntu, 2 have Blag (Via 796Mhz+256 megs of ram) and one other has Zenwalk...

I have been able to download all the KDE games, Edutainment, Tux-Paint... Except for Childsplay, which is my kids favorite ! So this is why I made the request for Childsplay... Back in the days when there was many repos in Synaptic, I enabled all to search for it, but didn't find anything... I tried to install from the download on the website, but it didn't work...

As of Rox-Filer, that leads me to another question :
-is it possible to perform a minimal Blag install, in text mode, and then add very light apps, like Fluxbox, Rox, and others ???

I am asking that because my Zenwalk box is an ancient IBM pc 300gl, with a Celeron 466Mhz, and 128 megs of ram. I once tried the text install of Anaconda, but I only had 64 megs of ram at the time... it didn't work...

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caraibes wrote:
Except for Childsplay, which is my kids favorite ! So this is why I made the request for Childsplay...

It'll be ready in the repo by tomorrow.

Caraibes wrote:
is it possible to perform a minimal Blag install, in text mode, and then add very light apps, like Fluxbox, Rox, and others ???

You can do a text mode install and then add what you need. Though even with the machine you have you can do a text install and just add everything. ;) (well, assuming you have a 2 gig HD or so).

-Jeff

Caraibes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, you're the man !!!

Muchissimas gracias de parte de los niños !!!

You might have a "Santa Klaus" feeling tonight !!!

We are now the Tropical Blag Family, as my wife is really happy with her account, she listens to the "Latin" section of Streamtuner/Shoutcast, when doing other people Univervity's homework on OOo (she makes a few pesos with that...)

The youngest kid (soon 3 years old) starts to have a good time with "The Potato Guy"... His older brother is a Childsplay addict !

So once again,thanks for your assistance !

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: ndiswrapper? Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
re ndiswrapper: if you want that, I suggest just grabbing it from livna.org. That should be pretty straightforward--just make sure you get the one that matches your kernel (`uname -a` and most likely i686).

-Jeff

Given my druthers, I'd be using the native bcm43xx driver, but I haven't been able to get it to work for over a month. I'll try downloading it from livna.org when I get home. For now I'm using my wife's PC running Windows XP. :^(

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, i put ndiswrapper in the repo now too. ;) It only has it for the latest 50002 kernel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP