FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 50k: Make requests here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the process of putting listen into the repo when something came up, so I didn't finish the dependencies.

It should all be there now and be apt-get'able. It'll be yum-getable by tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

-Jeff

NeilL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be more patient :) Thanks very much for doing this. Have installed listen and am using it right now. A very good music player.

Neil.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Being greedy here and asking for another app to be included if possible. I've recently rebuilt my PC with blag and had a bit of a problem getting my wireless card to work. The main problem was that as I had no internet connection until the wireless was woking had to set up a cable connection to download ndiswrapper. Is there a possibility of adding this to the build, as it should then enable a number of wireless cards to be set up without the need for net access?

Thanks again for a great distro. Waiting eagerly for the 60000 one :)

Neil.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because we don't include kernel modules on the CD and because including those drivers would mean we'd be including proprietary software.

Thanks,
Stephen Clement

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wan't sure that ndiswrapper itself is proprietary software? I know it allows you to use proprietary software, so you can use the windows drivers that come with the wireless card you want to use, but is ndiswrapper itself proprietary software?

One reason I was wondering about this, is that the ndiswrapper is in the blag repos? As I've been able to install it using synaptic with only the blag repos enabled? This was why I initally asked the question, as I thought if it was proprietary software, it would not be in the blag repos?

Just curious. as it would make things a lot easier to have it on the CD, but if it does go against the blag philosophy then I respect that. If I've misunderstood things apologies.

Neil.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ndiswrapper is free/gpl'd software and is in the repo. It is not on the CD because it could potentially cause havok for people that don't need it. Basically, out-of-tree modules are generally "not supported", but it's still there. ;)

-Jeff

contents
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, if NielL wants to install on a laptop without internet access, could he get ndiswrapper from the blag developers DVD?
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contents wrote:
Just curious, if NielL wants to install on a laptop without internet access, could he get ndiswrapper from the blag developers DVD?

Ya, I'm pretty sure (99%) that it's on there.

NeilL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great. Please excuse my ignorance, but where do I download this extra CD from? i've noticed that in the following directory:

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/blag/50000/en/iso/

there are two SRMPS CDs. Are these the ones I need to get?

Thanks,

Neil.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the torrent for the DVD you want is this:
http://www.blagblagblag.org/torrents/BLAG-50002-DVD.iso.torrent

But I am a little hesitant to say for sure, because I don't want you to waste your time downloading the whole thing if it's not what you need. I looked on the developers' page here
http://www.blagblagblag.org/developers/
but I couldn't figure out where to find if it has ndiswrapper. Could someone confirm that this has ndiswrapper?

r7
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeilL wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but where do I download this extra CD from?

'tis a dvd and is available from the blag ftp site -- click. it is advisable to use bittorrent in normal circustances, but the tracker is down at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP