BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:02 pm 

I've tried doing it with parted, but I figured that wouldn't work so well as I was using the disk I was trying to resize at that moment. I've also tried using QTParted on a live CDs (knoppix, mepis), fdisk doesn't have a resize option, nor does cfdisk.

I want to resize the partition so that I can throw Win 98 SE on there as a secondary OS, just for playing games. It's not that I don't appreciate Wine/Cedega, they run some games and programs fine. But there are annoyances, albeit some smaller than others in some games, especially The Sims which crashes randomly. My girlfriend and I love The Sims, and now that The Sims 2 is on it's way to my house I want to be able to enjoy it without worrying about graphical glitches or worrying about it randomly crashing.

So I'd like to resize my partitions (the hard drive is nothing but Blag 10k ATM) without losing all of the stuff I've amassed since I switched fully to Blag. Can it be done or am I stuck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:31 pm 

I never did a backassward part but heres some help:http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/2/2002/08/1/26934 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Look into qtparted. It should do the job for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:38 pm 

I ended up just breaking down and getting another hdd.

The Sims 2 is very fun! Unfortunately, Windows XP runs like ass in comparison to Blag. So the only thing I use the whole windows drive for is The Sims (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Windows XP runs like an ass when compared to even Windows 2000 which in my opinion is by far the best of the Windows bunch. It cannot touch BLAG though and the same with Yoper which I found to be pretty damn good.