FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Mainactor video editing package

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuffit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Mainactor video editing package Reply with quote

Mainactor have released what seems to be a very easy to use and capable video editor for linux. It isn't free or open source/ but the interface is certainly easier than cinelerra, and it contains multi track freatures that kino doesn't yet support. Would have thought that paid for software would have contained some goodies in terms of inporting a few codecs but alas no.

I have intsalled the demo from here :
http://www.mainconcept.com/products.shtml

and am impressed. There are some problems with sound that i havn't worked out yet (it refuses to open /dev/dsp ) even tho nothing else is using it...but in terms of how it feels to use its very good. Might be worth a play for any video headz out there

Triangle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To complete my BLAG, I installed Cinelerra, LVE and Avidemux.
All works fine, excepted LVE, because the project is too young today, must wait for a 1.0 release.
Perhaps it could be a good idea to include a video handling tool in next BLAG release.

To respect the project mandatory, just have to shoot an audio editor (cause there are a lot of).

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you still can't open /dev/dsp, try killing esd and *then* opening Mainactor. Note: many programs that do use sound like XMMS won't work without esd.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we figured this out a while ago, its not the esd

doing a symlink /dev/dsp1 > /dev/dsp worked fine

stevo32
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuffit wrote:
we figured this out a while ago, its not the esd

doing a symlink /dev/dsp1 > /dev/dsp worked fine

oh ok, killing esd quite often fixes the problem with programs that have non-working sound for me...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.. i meant its not esd in this particular instance :-)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP