FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
What will be the policy concerning BLAG 9K series updating?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blag or redhat 9.0 is still the best dist. of linux out there. I don't see why it is being discontinued. It makes me mad :twisted: LOL
stevo32
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because it gets EOL'd doesn't mean updates are going away. It just means that Fedora Legacy will take over. Blag 9k/RH9 are still supported by Fedora Legacy, despite their age. Eventually, they will die out and Fedora Legacy will stop supporting them, but that's a ways away yet :) For now we'll be fine, as FC1 updates will still be going along w/Fedora Legacy and some of the major repo's, hopefully including the BLAG one for 10k (although 9k support will eventually be dropped -- its inevitable)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been syncing 9k to fedoralegacy, but there haven't been many updates from them. Also, the other packagers (newrpms, freshrpms, etc) haven't been doing any or as many rh9 updates.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more from fedoralegacy.

If there are any particular programs you would like updated for blag9000 let me know and I can package those for the repository.

A 9003 is a possibility too, just don't ask when. ;)

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. for buisnesses, something like BLAG or one of the repackages would be good

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if it was at all possible to add some more updates to the blag 9 repository. I was thinking about the newer openoffice, gaim, firefox etc... I don't know no if there are any more good ones but if there are please add them. I am trying to avoid updating to 10000.
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
I was wondering if it was at all possible to add some more updates to the blag 9 repository. I was thinking about the newer openoffice, gaim, firefox etc... I don't know no if there are any more good ones but if there are please add them. I am trying to avoid updating to 10000.

Some of those newer programs need newer libraries and the like and may not build.

I would encourage you to upgrade to 10k as it is more refined. It's as stable as 9k too.

-Jeff

Nick
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did notice that Gaim has an rpm for redhat 9 and so does xcdroast. Could these be added or are you guys starting to do away with support for blag 9?
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a few new RPMs for 9k including firefox, gaim, & liferea. I haven't tested them though. Let me know if there are any issues (like missing dependencies).

-Jeff

Nick
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Gaim updated smoothly but for some reason firefox didn't show up for me to select it. Its not like its all that big of a deal though. I mean, I can just go the to mozzilla site and get it.
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Well, Gaim updated smoothly but for some reason firefox didn't show up for me to select it. Its not like its all that big of a deal though. I mean, I can just go the to mozzilla site and get it.

Ya, I added firefox then yanked it. Apparently there were some problems with it.

stevo32
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jglerner wrote:
Just to come up on an old thread.

Fedora Core 3 is awesome! Much better than its old brother... Far more stable and far more friendly.

I think we should leap FC2 and go straight througt to a FC3 Blag.

Cheers!

Jacques

ditto, I think you should stop 20k releases, keep the repo (for a while), and just move on to 30k.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP