BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:04 am 
Blag or redhat 9.0 is still the best dist. of linux out there. I don't see why it is being discontinued. It makes me mad :twisted: LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:14 am 
Site Admin

just because it gets EOL'd doesn't mean updates are going away. It just means that Fedora Legacy will take over. Blag 9k/RH9 are still supported by Fedora Legacy, despite their age. Eventually, they will die out and Fedora Legacy will stop supporting them, but that's a ways away yet :) For now we'll be fine, as FC1 updates will still be going along w/Fedora Legacy and some of the major repo's, hopefully including the BLAG one for 10k (although 9k support will eventually be dropped -- its inevitable)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:24 am 
Site Admin

I have been syncing 9k to fedoralegacy, but there haven't been many updates from them. Also, the other packagers (newrpms, freshrpms, etc) haven't been doing any or as many rh9 updates.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more from fedoralegacy.

If there are any particular programs you would like updated for blag9000 let me know and I can package those for the repository.

A 9003 is a possibility too, just don't ask when. ;)

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 am 
Site Admin

yeah. for buisnesses, something like BLAG or one of the repackages would be good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:12 pm 
I was wondering if it was at all possible to add some more updates to the blag 9 repository. I was thinking about the newer openoffice, gaim, firefox etc... I don't know no if there are any more good ones but if there are please add them. I am trying to avoid updating to 10000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:04 am 
Site Admin

Nick wrote:
I was wondering if it was at all possible to add some more updates to the blag 9 repository. I was thinking about the newer openoffice, gaim, firefox etc... I don't know no if there are any more good ones but if there are please add them. I am trying to avoid updating to 10000.

Some of those newer programs need newer libraries and the like and may not build.

I would encourage you to upgrade to 10k as it is more refined. It's as stable as 9k too.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:06 pm 
Well I did notice that Gaim has an rpm for redhat 9 and so does xcdroast. Could these be added or are you guys starting to do away with support for blag 9?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

I added a few new RPMs for 9k including firefox, gaim, & liferea. I haven't tested them though. Let me know if there are any issues (like missing dependencies).

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:28 am 
Well, Gaim updated smoothly but for some reason firefox didn't show up for me to select it. Its not like its all that big of a deal though. I mean, I can just go the to mozzilla site and get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:44 am 
Site Admin

Nick wrote:
Well, Gaim updated smoothly but for some reason firefox didn't show up for me to select it. Its not like its all that big of a deal though. I mean, I can just go the to mozzilla site and get it.

Ya, I added firefox then yanked it. Apparently there were some problems with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:43 am 
Site Admin

jglerner wrote:
Just to come up on an old thread.

Fedora Core 3 is awesome! Much better than its old brother... Far more stable and far more friendly.

I think we should leap FC2 and go straight througt to a FC3 Blag.

Cheers!

Jacques

ditto, I think you should stop 20k releases, keep the repo (for a while), and just move on to 30k.