FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
console apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
r7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: console apps Reply with quote

i'm a big fan of console apps for doing work in. the reasons for this are many fold.

i have spent most of my computing life working on macs and am still constantly frustrated with the inadequate gui behaviour of most gnu/linux apps.

i also do much work away from my home computer and the ability to run something like irc or email in an ssh session is a daily occurance for me.

so i do my irc in irssi in a screen session which i disconnect and connect as needed -- irssi not in blag iso at moment.

i am doing more of my email in mutt -- mutt is in blag iso at moment.

i was also delighted to find the rss aggregator, snownews the other day -- snownews not in blag iso at moment.

i would make a plea that having some console apps of this type is a priority for future releases of blag [and they don't take up much room either...]

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Sounds good. If they are small, I can put them on the CD. If they are big I can put them in the repository.

If you enter it into bugzilla, they won't get lost as that's how I track things.

http://bugzilla.blagblagblag.org

Thanks!

-Jeff

r7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: bitlbee Reply with quote

so u want to do your instant messaging in the same client that you do your irc in?

meet bitlbee:

http://bitlbee.org/

i now have my jabber account running in irssi -- which erm... ROCKS in a larger than average way.

it does exactly what it says on the tin.

can we have it in the repo please [dag has an rpm already i understand].

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP