FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Router and Wireless Card.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevo32
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Router and Wireless Card. Reply with quote

Ok, this probably isn't the best place in the world to ask this question, but here goes...

my friend was over at my house recently and he accidentally hit the power button on my power bar (its very easy to do) killing the power to my router. after this, i noticed my windoz box which is connected wirelessly kept on getting disconnected, and it was happening more and more frequently. i've noticed no problems with boxes that are connected wired though. today however, my wireless box refused to connected to my router at all, even after a driver reinstall etc...even though I'm connected to the router fine wired (while i type this). Would it be safe to blame it on the router (or my friend)?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your router revert to default settings? Mine did that each power off till I flashed it. Mine is a Netgear btw.
stevo32
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, didn't go back to default settings. never has, either.

Just a note: problem fixed, i bought a 50 foot ethernet cable and i've given up on my router ever doing wireless again.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP