FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
69K ISO images (alpha)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: 69K ISO images (alpha) Reply with quote

I just noticed that there are no files under ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/. Is this to prevent the likes of me from prematurely downloading the Alpha image? I've downloaded Fedora 7 to a spare partition, but it's a mere tease.
jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no released alpha images yet. Getting closer. 70k final is likely a ways off though.
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
There are no released alpha images yet. Getting closer. 70k final is likely a ways off though.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to jump the gun - BLAG is always worth the wait...

pdm (esb)

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: 70K ISO images Reply with quote

extraspecialbitter wrote:
I just noticed that there are no files under ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/

Look again!

:)

-Jeff

P.S. The 70k repo is currently a mess. Don't upgrade against it!

noldrin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in time for the weekend and my new 250 gig hard drive :)
noldrin
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpha report.

Durring Install

-need blag logo at boot screen
-complained about needing memory and asking to create swap early. Not sure if it actually did so though. (never had this happen before)
-Install ticker bounces as it switches packages.

Post Install:

-installation of new boot loader failed to include my other BLAG install
-booting after screen flashes is staticy
-first boot doesn't seem to do much although thinks a while on it
-Probes video card, starts to load X (get the grey screen and cursor) then X fails to load, screen goes blank and system is unresponsive (can't get to any login prompts)

Suggestions:

-run at vga=791 mode

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noldrin wrote:
-Install ticker bounces as it switches packages.

Ya, that was kind of funny effect, but definitely has to go...

noldrin wrote:
-booting after screen flashes is staticy
-first boot doesn't seem to do much although thinks a while on it
-Probes video card, starts to load X (get the grey screen and cursor) then X fails to load, screen goes blank and system is unresponsive (can't get to any login prompts)

That is mostly due to rhgb. Take it out of your kernel boot line. I may banish it entirely. ;)

Mine in the end will actually come up with a boot screen, but it does run through a number of restarts (due to rhgb) to get there...

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: BLAG 70K alpha Reply with quote

Is the development team looking for feedback, or is that a tad premature? There are a couple of things that seem to be broken, or rather - "incomplete". But I love the image of the Buenos Aires skyline!
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BLAG 70K alpha Reply with quote

Is the development team looking for feedback, or is that a tad premature? There are a couple of things that seem to be broken, or rather - "incomplete". But I love the image of the Buenos Aires skyline!

Feedback is fine. I know a number of things to fix already. Feel free to pursue and/or add to bugzilla or here in the forums (it's less likely to get missed in bugzilla).

http://bugzilla.blagblagblag.org

-Jeff

john maclean
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look at the change log:-
"updated kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6" :-) but firefox-1.5.0.10-6blag.fc6, is ffx 2+ not stable enough?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - the "broken" packages I encountered a few days back seemed to disappear after a simple "apt-get update" today. I am currently using 69999 as my default desktop without issues. I note that the fonts for Firefox (Bon Echo) and xterm seem sharper, and that many of the applications I use frequently (bluefish, gftp, gimp, etc.) seem much snappier. I like the Magnatune and Jamendo options for Rhythmbox!
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john maclean wrote:
Had a look at the change log:-
"updated kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6" :-) but firefox-1.5.0.10-6blag.fc6, is ffx 2+ not stable enough?

It's using
firefox-2.0.0.4-3blag.f7.i386.rpm
kernel-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7.i686.rpm

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Available:
ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/BLAG-69999.10000.iso

This is a pretty "stable" alpha. Most things are working fine. See or add to bugzilla for more info...

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the alpha ISO on the first day of its availability and noticed some issues installing certain software (openoffice, rhythmbox, bluefish, etc.) from the repo. those cleared up within a day or two, and it's been trouble-free ever since. The "desktop" background looks an awful lot like my cubicle in Boston.

Code:
pablo@brixton=> cat /etc/blag-release
BLAG release 69999 ()

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the alpha ISO on the first day of its availability and noticed some issues installing certain software (openoffice, rhythmbox, bluefish, etc.) from the repo. those cleared up within a day or two, and it's been trouble-free ever since.

Ya, I've spent some time cleaning up the repo. I just did yet another image, probably the last new image for a bit.

ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/BLAG-69999.10001.iso

The "desktop" background looks an awful lot like my cubicle in Boston.

Code:
pablo@brixton=> cat /etc/blag-release
BLAG release 69999 ()

:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP