FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
K-Mail and groupware and KOLAB.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazim
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: K-Mail and groupware and KOLAB. Reply with quote

I would like to use KMail because of it's ability to integrate with KOLAB (was kroupware). I like the gnome interface however and have spent loads of time configuring ti for optimal use.

Is there any way of using kmail within gnome? Maybe? OK so if thats just a silly question, then what groupware alternatives are there for gnome and which mail clients are suitable?

What about aethera? http://www.thekompany.com/

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, you can use kmail inside of gnome. This is what I do, in fact. I want to migrate to evolution, but I'm loathe to migrate all my filters. ;) You should be able to just
Code:
apt-get kdenetwork

Jason
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution rocks. I hated having to do filters all over again but I must say they are a lot quicker to do in Evolution than they were in Outlook.
kazim
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so after fighting tooth and nail with kmail and kaorganizer and kaddressbook and k-whatsbloodynext!?! ...I am having a go at evolution. apt-get can only get me 1.2.2-5 if its using BLAGBLAGBLAG.ORG for repository. 1.4 is availale.

Which repository would provide a newer version? Using rpm directly only takes me into dependencies-resolving headfuck, which apt-get is there to prevent - yes?

jebbajebba
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrading to evolution 1.4 requires gnome 2.4. BLAG900x is based on gnome 2.2. You have to upgrade all of gnome to get evolution 1.4. This is what blag10000 does. So if you want evo1.4, I recommend waiting for 10000, which should be out soon enough. ;)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP