FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Gnuzilla / IceWeasel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dylan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Gnuzilla / IceWeasel Reply with quote

Are there any plans to start using Gnuzilla or IceWeasel instead of "Firefox"?
sinuhe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Gnuzilla / IceWeasel Reply with quote

I too would like to see this. It gets annoying receiving requests to download proprietary software, such as Shockwave Flash.
jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some info contents tracked down:

Quote:
I corresponded with the maintainer of the iceweasel package for debian, and he said that you are right that the debian iceweasel is not the same as the gnuzilla iceweasel. But he also said that the debian iceweasel source was free for everyone to use. The correspondence is below (though it might be hard to read).

The page here: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/iceweasel
Has the source file, which is just the renamed firefox source, and then a .diff.gz file, which has some patches, the iceweasel icon, and some scripts for debian. He said you could review the changes in the file and decide what you want.

You can do the same with the icedove package, as far as I know (though that maintainer never wrote me back):
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/icedove

sinuhe
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: deer park Reply with quote

What does BLAG modify in deer park? Perhaps some of these diff changes can be made with deer park, which would have the same effective result. (gNewSense Burning Dog has been my personal favourite to use, thus far.)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP