BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: downloading blag iso
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:44 am 

I am currently running rh9 on a compaq Presario 800mhz amd duron processor with 256ram and smc2-1211tx network card. When I attempt to download blag 20K either from a mirror thru my mozilla-1.6 browser or using gftp, I cannot get it to download past 26% complete. I have dropped my firewall and checked with my isp to make sure there was no interference from that end (i run highspeed broadband with 512 download). I am at my wits end as to why I cannot download any iso's from any sight past a certain limit. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on. I was running blag 10K and had the same problem, so i went back to rh9 where i was always successful in downloading iso's. Now I can't download iso's from anywhere. With 30K getting ready to come out, I desperately want to figure out what's going on. I checked with my local linux gurus and they don't seem to have a clue. Has anyone run into this before or does someone have a possible area to look at? I need guidance badly. Thanks very much in advance......

Nelson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:24 am 
Site Admin

Weird. This may be, uh, something you looked at, but are you sure you're not running out of disk space in your partition? Also, you should be able to resume downloads with ncftp.

Code:
df -h

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:00 am 
Actually, I hadn't looked at partition space, but after your suggestion, I did and my partition is less than 20% full, so that shouldn't be a problem as my hardrive is 40 gigs. What I failed to mention, because I forgot is that I share my internet connection with my daughter via a router(legally, if you can believe it). Could there be a problem there, although it never was a problem before.. Thanks for your suggestion. I should have looked at that as a matter of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

No I seriously doubt that is the problem. I share a net connection with 3 other people with my router (legally too!), and its not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:11 am 
Site Admin

I share my connection too with 3 other people and go through loads of GB's per week. Not too sure why it times out but perhaps one of us local to you could mail you a CD? It doesn't solve the problem I know but it gets you BLAG'ed up so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Ya, someone can mail you a CD or you can order one for a couple buck from the sites listed on the download page. :)

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:10 pm 

I'm in NY and I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow (12-17). If you send your address to mosquito at gmail point com, I'll mail you any versions you want.

Post subject: downloading blag iso
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:42 pm 

A real big thanks to everyone for offering to help me get "blag'd up", but my son was good enough to download both 20K and 30k alpha for me. I have to tell ya that dealing with all of you folks on this forum has been a real nice experience and I'm feeling real good about the switch from redhat. Thanks again to all...

Nelson