BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:19 am 
Site Admin

noldrin wrote:
It seems like most of streamtuner's dependencies are audacious related, perhaps that will make it back in now?

Ah ya. Good point. I just glanced at that the other day too. ;)

Oh, coincidentally, the author of audacious has been in blag irc recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:10 am 

I think I can trim a few MB (maybe 5 to 10) by deleting some of the "really-little-guys" icon theme's unused icons. There are many icons for apps that are not on the cd and are either defunct or at least very rare nowadays. Should I do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

contents wrote:
I think I can trim a few MB (maybe 5 to 10) by deleting some of the "really-little-guys" icon theme's unused icons. There are many icons for apps that are not on the cd and are either defunct or at least very rare nowadays. Should I do that?

Well the whole really-little-guys package is only 6 megs. There's lots of cruft as hyland misnamed things all the time and I doubt i caught them all. Also, many images are the same so they could just be symlinked to save space, perhaps. But if you want to clean it up and give me a fresh tarball, that would rule.

I'm done traveling for a bit so i have a couple months to do nothing but geek & party. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:16 pm 

The bluefish icon is one that doesn't match up when you install it.

Also, it would be cool if Seamonkey and Seamonkly mail had icons or used the Mollzilla and Mozilla Mail icons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:57 pm 

69999.80005 report:

install proceeded wonderfully, haven't had a chance to play around with it, but it seems well. The First Image when you select what to do on CD disappeared again. Blagfirstboot ran really fast, if I'm brave I might test this on my laptop. My only real wish (now that i've run the install so many times) is that it would automatically proceed from changing package dependencies to installing them. Both take a while and it would be nice to be able to just leave it without remember to check back in on it. Not sure what other problems that would cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 am 

Quote:
The bluefish icon is one that doesn't match up when you install it.

Also, it would be cool if Seamonkey and Seamonkly mail had icons or used the Mollzilla and Mozilla Mail icons.

To get the blagified bluefish icon to show up, you have to modify the bluefish .desktop file in /usr/share/applications.

I have made blagified audacious, seamonkey, and seamonkey-mail icons. Are there any more requests for blagified icons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 pm 

Here are some late requests/ideas (if not for 70k, then maybe for 80k).

Have you thought of compiling firefox and thunderbird with add-ons already added? I would vote for adblock plus. Down with consumerism!

As for thunderbird, there are two extensions that I find really useful: lightning, which is the calendar extension (it's really pretty good now) and nostalgy (used for quickly sorting email into different folders--this one is absolutely essential for me now).

I also like Zim, the desktop wiki. It's great, and does what tomboy is supposed to do, but it's not mono and it's better. It brings in some perl dependencies, though.

Last edited by contents on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

contents wrote:
Have you thought of compiling firefox and thunderbird with add-ons already added? I would vote for adblock plus. Down with comsumerism!

As for thunderbird, there are two extensions that I find really useful: lightning, which is the calendar extension (it's really pretty good now) and nostalgy (used for quickly sorting email into different folders--this one is absolutely essential for me now).

Ya, I've thought about it, but i dont really know a good way to package them and to keep them updated.

contents wrote:
I also like Zim, the desktop wiki. It's great, and does what tomboy is supposed to do, but it's not mono and it's better. It brings in some perl dependencies, though.

i've poked at it once, i think. It is in the repo.

Btw, it appears the BETA is a bit screwy as it is just hanging on "transferring image to hard drive". This could be related to kvm, I'm not certain. The new 2.6.23 may be suspect. Garr. Always something... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12