FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
resize jpg files from command line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saddletramp
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
What we need is little bits like that documented Jeff :) I didn't actually know that either despite knowing a fair bit of command line work. Never crossed my mind the command line would handle images. Nice job.

Photoshop CS3 does it btw automatically saving as any file type, resolution, size, etc. Just murders your memory for like half an hour. And it isn't free and nowhere near as quick evidently.

I am going to look for a nice easy way to rip all the code out of these forums to stick somewhere either on BLAG site or wiki though my wiki skills are a bit off the mark.

"What we need is little bits like that documented Jeff "
Now THAT would be sweet!!

berkbw
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saddletramp wrote:
jebba wrote:
timl wrote:
I needed to change "$i.jpg" to "$i" as the ".jpg" is already part of the extracted symbol.

ah thx for pointing that out. fixed above.

see? and as lousy a typist as i am!! to easy to make a mistake and possibly really mess something up.

Which is why I have always made it a practice to copy the meat to a separate dir. before butchering. And a good reason not to run as root when one doesn't have to..

[wtf=rm -Rf *] <<-- NO! don't try that at home.

b-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> open discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP