BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 pm 

I would really like to see the equivalent of a site-map showing the programmers, et al, with their general global location - and the tasks/responsibilities of each. And -- the straight jobs that they might have these days.

Should you not have someone tasked to inform/reform the M$ users? [and, no, I am not a proper canditate]

BLAG............ is a wonderful distro - you should be making big bux -- but, I fear you don't..

The biggest reason for this lament is which do YOU prefer - static, or dynamic linking? Ifind that dynamic causes things to fail every time the GCC is changed, I would guess that changing kernels would do the same for statically. These days, disk space is rarely a problem.

How feel you?

b-

Post subject: Re: Jeff Jebba-dude
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

berkbw wrote:
I would really like to see the equivalent of a site-map showing the programmers, et al, with their general global location - and the tasks/responsibilities of each. And -- the straight jobs that they might have these days.

Should you not have someone tasked to inform/reform the M$ users? [and, no, I am not a proper canditate]

BLAG............ is a wonderful distro - you should be making big bux -- but, I fear you don't..

The biggest reason for this lament is which do YOU prefer - static, or dynamic linking? Ifind that dynamic causes things to fail every time the GCC is changed, I would guess that changing kernels would do the same for statically. These days, disk space is rarely a problem.

How feel you?

b-

I don't see the connection between the two if one was intended. I guess the various people contributing could speak up in this thread (if they read the forums). The subject: is a bit weird. :)

Anyway, dynamic linking.

-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:28 am 
Site Admin

I'm a straight up G. Rolling with the sys admin Crips, yo. Drive by and pop them shells, like loads of 'em. All day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:00 pm 

Yeah, sort of odd subject line for this, but:

I'm Joe. General global location: Idaho, USA. Straight job: Printer firmware engineer.
As for BLAG, I lend a hand with bug fixes, I've been helping Jeff screw around with Fedora 8 and trying to get a decent alpha spin for 79999 for us (no luck with that yet). And some other stuff.

Dynamic linking.

Also, like john maclean, I'm a straight up G. ;) And at night, I put on tights and a cape and fight the forces of evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:26 pm 

My "real" name is Paul David Mena. I work in the Boston, Massachusetts area doing primarily production-level application and systems support. My current job has the ominous title of "Senior Linux Engineer". Trying to practice what I preach, I haven't used Windows on any of my personal computing equipment in over three years. I have, however, rebuilt my wife's Windoze XPee system multiple times. :^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:01 pm 

Hi there.. I'm located over by Greenfield in Pioneer Vally Area of Massachusetts. How many more locals do we need to find for a BLAGUG?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:18 pm 

Hi my real name is Vasco Herman, located in Kent, UK by day I am a Senior IT Analyst, in the NHS well that's the title they gave me for fixing Windoze PC of all flavors, Network and Servers. BUT, by night I too don a cape and tights and fight/convert those on the Dark Side (I think we're winning) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:35 pm 

noldrin wrote:
Hi there.. I'm located over by Greenfield in Pioneer Vally Area of Massachusetts. How many more locals do we need to find for a BLAGUG?

More importantly, which pub is centrally located so as to host our inaugural BLAGUG meeting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:49 pm 

My first thought was the Old Timer in Clinton