FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
CD Labels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansencomputers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: CD Labels Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I would like to be able to print CD labels. Ca anyone point me to a good program for this? Ideally, I would be able to use my "CD Stomper" labels.

I tried finding something for this in the ADD/REMOVE programs, but didn't see anyhting that seemed appropriate.

Thanks,
Mike

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: CD Labels Reply with quote

hansencomputers wrote:
I would like to be able to print CD labels. Ca anyone point me to a good program for this? Ideally, I would be able to use my "CD Stomper" labels.

I tried finding something for this in the ADD/REMOVE programs, but didn't see anyhting that seemed appropriate.

GLABELS IS THE BEST PROGRAM EVAR.

It has been on the blag cd for a long time too. If you didn't install it, you can thusly:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install glabels

hansencomputers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I see it was already installed. Thanks. I didn't realize it could do disc labels too.

Mike

wabash
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you use openoffice, you can get all kinds of label templates (for various avery label sheets, for instance), including CD, I believe.

http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/openoffice-template.htm

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wabash wrote:
Also, if you use openoffice, you can get all kinds of label templates (for various avery label sheets, for instance), including CD, I believe.

http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/openoffice-template.htm

BUT THEN YOU WOULDNT BE USING THE BEST PROGRAM EVAR you'd be using some huge monstrosity ;) (too bad the world went down the word processor path!)

berkbw
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, abiword is terminally disfunctional on MY system, But we've beaten that horse alreaddy. I guess I need to nuke it, anyway - today, when I thought I had memory/cpu issues, top said it was using all of the cpu!! again.

Maybe better - to edit the associations/menues so that even if I get an upgrade, it won't load.

b-

wabash
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I avoided openoffice for a long time, but as berkbw notes, Abiword is possessed. Sometime around 30k I stopped being able to share documents saved in Abiword with anyone--I couldn't even always open docs in Abiword on another box. I searched for fixes and never found one. So off I went to bloatland.

But that's another thread. Glabels works fine.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP