FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Downtime tonight from midnight GMT until est 4AM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Downtime tonight from midnight GMT until est 4AM Reply with quote

We are moving to a new super duper server. So, the forums and Bugzilla will be offline. Those lovely people are letting us keep our IP block so we will be on the same IP.

We are going to down the current server, copy across, check it all works and then transfer the IP's. So to avoid data loss or the need to re-transfer anything I will be taking everything offline.

The actual IP changeover will take literally 2 minutes as the servers are practically 10 foot away from each other. However the copy of files takes a couple of hours and then we want a couple of hours to verify.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is done and went fine. I am rebuilding the Bugzilla software later. Apologies for the delay there I want to make sure it is perfect.
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping us posted and for keeping the servers running. :)
saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! tried to figure out the difference between your time (down time) and my time (est) last night. just so happens i missed it all!!

thanks for the updates :)

i just noticed that it doesn't show up on every page, that the time zone used here is est.

what time was this thing down then, in eastern standard time? (-5)
and i thought the command line was confusing!!

Jason
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know NYC time is 5 hours behind GMT and Cali is 8 hours? I think so anyway. So it was down from 7pm or 4pm until 11pm or 8pm depending on where you are :)

Confused me too :) All good though.

saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't really require a reply to that, but those are the times, 7pm to 11pm, i came up with, i think! that's what confused me most though, as i was off and on here all during those times. pretty much the other times too. actually, pretty much all day!!
Jason
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to reverse my sleeping cycle to do this late so I was not exactly on top 100% form.

On a side note, we had more downtime today. I had them put in an IPMI to make remote reboots easier without having to contact them.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP