BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Bring your boxes, laptops and ethernet cables to 365 Brixton Road. London. Install and configure GNU/BLAG Linux with help from some friendly geeks. Dual booting? No problem? Having some trouble with wireless cards? We'll look into it.

Every Thurdsay 7pm. Ring the --top-- buzzer on the intercom labelled "CALA".

Pop this URL into a browser to get a map of the local area.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:50 pm 

And on the *last* Thursday of the month (only!) meet up afterwards with other local linux users at the Albert, 418 Coldharbour Lane, from 9pm, to appreciate the four software freedoms, and for general chat about all things linux and open-source.

Use the url to find the Albert...
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... sv=SW9+8LF

The first meeting is Thurs Apr 26th -- then on the last Thursday of each month (see blug.org.uk or pm me to check). The BLAGstas and BLUGistas will probably be near the doors into the courtyard at the back of the pub.

Post subject: quick request
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:10 am 

if you got another map link to find this workshop location that'd help.
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:35 am 
Site Admin

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?title=Bri ... |SW9%207NP

Lemme know if this map helps.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=5 ... |SW9%207DA
I think that the post code is SW9 7DA. I tapped that into multimap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

I'll have about five or so BLAG 70k CDs to give away this evening so pop down and get one if you'd like to install BLAG but don't have access to a fast-ish internet connection like broadband/ADSL.

So come down and have a chat with some ->real<- people that actually use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:04 am 
Site Admin

I've left a pile of about ten BLAG 70k CDs in the BLAG building at 365. Ask Mike or me for a CD. We can burn an iso image for you if we run out of CDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:47 am 

sure! i'll be there!! only a bajillion miles away in another country!! LOL

would be cool though. i think i've mentioned it before somewhere, but i'm the only person i've ever known who has ever tried linux, let alone use it, although not nearly as savvy with it as windows. :(

that's cool too though, as i have way less headaches just using blag and not having to do all that maintenance as in windows.

Post subject: anyone in notts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:40 pm 

hi i am a newbie to blag and linux

and would like to go to a meetup BUT am in nottingham is anyone else ?????

cheers luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hey chaps. Here's a photo that was taken from the BLAG meet last week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 am 

Hi All,

As we move forward with BLAG, there is much knowledge to be shared amongst individuals. The forums have been an excellent source for our community and I wanted to suggest perhaps having weekly BLAG meetings every Thursday or twice a month on Thursday to chat, discuss important changes with the distro--- just to get to know each other better and how we can better our skills and bring about a more conscious understanding of BLAG and GNU/Linux globally.

My thought was we would all meet at 7pm via IRC based on your time zone. This way we could have a whole day of discussion and keep topics lively and interesting. I have a lot on my mind and imagine that many others may too, so I thought we could just throw everything out there.

I'll be on the #blag list on Indymedia, if anyone wants to discuss this more, otherwise I'll check the forum for your replies!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:19 pm 

21stcenturytechnosapien wrote:
My thought was we would all meet at 7pm via IRC based on your time zone. This way we could have a whole day of discussion and keep topics lively and interesting. I have a lot on my mind and imagine that many others may too, so I thought we could just throw everything out there.

Okay, I can't make sense of this. Which one is "your time zone"? Everyone joins IRC when it's 7pm where he lives? CET? Pacific Time Zone? There are 10 hours between these two.

So when 7pm?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 pm 

renilgh wrote:
21stcenturytechnosapien wrote:

Okay, I can't make sense of this. Which one is "your time zone"? Everyone joins IRC when it's 7pm where he lives? CET? Pacific Time Zone? There are 10 hours between these two.

So when 7pm?

I want to stick with Thursday. Everyone lets meet up tomorrow, December 4, 2008. We can have consecutive meetings on December 11, 18 and 25(according to everyone plans for the Holidays) and every Thursday thereafter. I really want to get everyone's perspective on the future of BLAG. I think its critical that we all come together to make sure the distribution is maintained.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 am 

I think he was confused to which timezone, but I think you were saying everyone should go their own timezone into the room. Not sure if enough people would be showing up. Anyways, every other Thursday is out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 pm 

noldrin wrote:
I think he was confused to which timezone, but I think you were saying everyone should go their own timezone into the room. Not sure if enough people would be showing up. Anyways, every other Thursday is out for me.

Well, we can see how things go today. If every Thursday at 7 does not work for everyone, then if there is a second day people feel are better(probably Saturday or Sunday)then some users could meet on that day at specified time. That will open up more time if people choose to meet. Maybe a morning meeting for some people might be better as well. In any case, everyone post your reply, so we come to coordinate our meeting dates and times better. To have two meetings, twice a week to would be great if everyone had an opportunity to come, but time is key for everyone.

This is an opportune moment for us as a community and I want to see BLAG shine. That means hundreds of voices locally bringing their knowledge globally to affect change at a time in the world where their is uncertainty about tomorrow --- we as a body of conscious computer users have the ability to lead directly by our actions and indirectly through the code which we represent. It is what we stand for, protect and what continues to ignite the fiery passion within ourselves to respectfully demonstrate to other the power of Free Software.

Come whenever you can to IndyMedia, not only for what we are trying to plan with these BLAG meetings, but because someone is always there and when you see each other in the room, don't hesitate to put what you are thinking and how you feel out there because someone else is probably in the same position. And if no one replies immediately, know that someone may reply because, someone is always in the room and as comrades we must heed each other's notice. We are each other's greatest strength and best resources.

I'll see you all when you're there

21stcenturytechnosapien(a.k.a nagromra)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:53 pm 

7:00 PM in London translates to 2:00 PM EST, which means that I would be joining during my work day. Truth be told, it would be a far better use of my time than my paying job. I'll be there.