BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cambodia needs our help!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:40 am 

Hi folks, a Blagger in Phnom Penh here, and shall be here for another month so i'm trying to make myself useful. below is a bit of a mail i sent all my family and friends, it would be a nice thought if some of you's guys could help but dont break a leg about it, well actually pennies here can really count! if you can think of any other way you can help me help others whilst here i'm all ears, mail me at

jugglinjin@hotmail.com

right then, its your time to help! i am surrounded by the needy here and have the opportunity to really make a difference, as in i am planning to get food/medicine/cloths/paper/pens for a couple of the orphanages out here, they survive totally on donations by locals and travellers, shame is that the sort of travelers here are the skint type and mainly can only donate time, i shall be covering some of the running materials. what i am hoping for is for yous guys to have a whip round, beg steal borrow anything you can get out of people, goods are cheap here so a couple of quid will feed kids for ages, they also despirately want to learn! i stress here, school is not free here, kids have to pay! the more they pay the better they get, forget not this is a corrupt society and the only thing that
talks is money, this is why i will be buying goods to give directly to the orphanages, its not unusual and in many ways is the prefered form of donation. i will of course take some pics of the kids so you can show them to all who donates, so dont forget now, hastle all our family, friends and even enemies, i want their loot!!! we can sort out a methord of loot moving later, just start collecting.

right then, i'm off again, hope to catch you soon.

all best,

steve j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:40 am 
hi yet again,

just wanted to say, donations as small as 1 squid ($2) really make a difference, i am in training to lift $2 worth of rice but dont hold your breath as i'm a skinny sod myself.

i plan to visit a couple of far flung orphanages right after xmas and will take note of what they need, then i hope to buy the goods needed and drop them off, all this should be comepleted by jan 10.

so, if you can help please do and i'd love to hear from you, i'd also love to try the 30k beta so keep up the good work on it.

thanks all.

steve j

Post subject: "UPDATE"
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:23 am 

Well folks,

at present the total pledged has topped $600 (us) and is still rising, Spain has the highest ammount pledged closely followed by the UK and with Australia bring up the rear, america is not yet in the race.

thanks to all that have pledged and be sure that when i return to the UK i WILL be chasing you.

when all this is done and dusted i will post a few pics of the recipients on my blog, but thats a while off.

shabene.blogspot.com

Post subject: Total
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:51 am 
Final total topped $1000 and is going out to the kids from tomorrow onwards.

I managed to find 5 causes that are keeping me well knackered ferrying goods and raiding banks.

nuff said, you want more read the blog.