FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
70001 - a BLAG odyssey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: 70001 - a BLAG odyssey Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I did an "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" and found that I was running BLAG 70001 (banjo). Since then, I've tried to do the same on two other systems but remain at 70000. did I jump the gun?
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Well, uh, that happened due to a bit of lack of controls between me and a new developer. I'm just so used to maintaining things myself, and iron_chef popped in a blag-release 70001 on the development box, I sync'd things over and it was live. I noticed it and yanked it, but apparently you got it before I removed it. Eleven people got that file. Wa-oops.

-Jeff

P.S. As a side note, i'm not really sure where he's been lately.

contents
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I guess I am one of the lucky eleven, too. Why did you yank it? Is it bad in some way? Are there nasties in the code? Has iron chef absconded with my dissertation? ;)
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contents wrote:
Ha, I guess I am one of the lucky eleven, too. Why did you yank it? Is it bad in some way? Are there nasties in the code? Has iron chef absconded with my dissertation? ;)

I yanked it because it's supposed to go out when 70001 is released! It hasn't been released yet... We had merged some stuff up, but I got sidetracked on linux-libre and iron_chef, well, i'm not sure what he's up to at the moment. I expect he'll reappear though.

-Jeff

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing iron chef will resurface once he's completed Culinary School. :^)
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, I've automagically reverted to BLAG 70000 since running my most recent dist-upgrade (which I do every week or so).
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP