FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
updates to linux-libre 2.6.24.4.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saddletramp
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: updates to linux-libre 2.6.24.4.0 Reply with quote

ok, been going to ask this for quite some time now.

ever since updating the kernel on my 3 blag machines to this newest kernel, there hasn't been a single update to ANYTHING else. as often as i know stuff is updated in linux, this almost can't be a good thing. i know it said something about updates coming soon in that original post about this new kernel, but when is that going to happen?

i feel insecure in not getting any updates!

brixtoncalling
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple of weeks since the last new stuff in the repos, but that's not because of the new kernel... Maybe Jebba's been busy?
saddletramp
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks brixtoncalling.

though it seems like it's been longer than that, at least i know i'm not missing anything then.

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some variety of updates just get cron'd and dumped into RPMS.updates automajickally. They are just taken from the upstream fedora updates/errata directory with a few exclusions. It's more manual how I grab them from the other repos.

I'm actually wanting to change how the whole build system is set up and how the repositories sync. We've been doing it the same way since like BLAG9001 or something. It is getting a bit crufty. I just haven't written the scripts yet.

Oh, and part of the new updated process will also include "blaghead" which will track fedora rawhide and other repos' development repositories. :)

-Jeff

brixtoncalling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is three weeks (or so) not a long time for no updates from Fedora? In my year and a bit using BLAG, I can't recall such a long gap.
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brixtoncalling wrote:
Is three weeks (or so) not a long time for no updates from Fedora? In my year and a bit using BLAG, I can't recall such a long gap.

You're right--i botched it. Perms issue preventing update of fedora mirror. I'm fixing it now.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for pointing it out!

-Jeff

brixtoncalling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
saddletramp
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep,
just grabbed a whole handful of updates!!

thanks

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP