FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
wikimaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: wikimaster Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm looking for a wikimaster. The BLAG wiki is running, but it's a bit jacked up since it's last upgrade (it's not too happy about letting people log in)...

I could work on this myself, but I want to throw my time into working on 30k. Is there anyone around that has wikimedia experience that is willing to become wikimaster? The BLAG wiki uses the same software as wikipedia.org. The wikimaster will have to be someone familiar with wikimedia /and/ someone who knows enough MySQL to poke around and figure out why people can't log in... Also, the old skin/template isn't working with the update, so that needs tweaking.

After that gets sorted the wikimaster will need to do routine upgrades of the software to keep it up-to-date, keep an eye on the wiki to clobber spam, and perhaps do a bit of organization... :)

Thanks,

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have half-decent knowledge of MySQL, although I have little wiki experience (I've set up a wiki and that's about it), and I will update the content. If nobody else wants to take this job, I will, although
a) I'd prefer if I had PhpMyAdmin access
b) I'm a bit on the busy side around this time of year

I'll take it if nobody else will, although I'd definitly maintain the content if you need someone to do that. There's probably somebody here better for the job than me though :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could also keep the wiki in order somewhat..I'll add articles...maybe occasionally update the roadmap...things like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. well, i got the wiki updated anyway. I'd suggest getting mediawiki and playing with it for awhile. I also upgraded to 1.3.9. The stylesheet needs a re-write though.

Also, it's slow as hell. I haven't figured that out yet. But its "working".

-Jeff

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Fixed. Fast. Updated.

Now just needs styesheet re-write, but it's 5:00am and I'm going to bed. ;)

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP