FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Bravo David Davis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blarney
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Bravo David Davis Reply with quote

Someone who actually stands up for their principles at last. I applaud him for fighting for our civil liberties. I'm sure there'll be plenty who will see this as a cynical attempt at self -agrandisement but I think they're wrong.

Regards,
Blarney

Blarney
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No replies? David Davis doesn't quite tally with your idea of a freedom fighter? I believe anyone that stands up for what they believe in deserves our praise in these cynical times.

Even if they aren't in your political tribe.

Regards,
Blarney

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who he is or what he did...
Blarney
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
I don't know who he is or what he did...

He's the shadow Home secretary in Britain who has resigned as an MP over the plans to increase detention for terror suspects to 42 days.

http://tinyurl.com/6kelmy

Regards,
Blarney

john maclean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, him. Wish him well and hope that he doesn't have a hidden agenda. Our PM, Gordon Brown wants to have 42 days for the detention for suspects of acts of t^^^ism.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john maclean wrote:
Ah, him. Wish him well and hope that he doesn't have a hidden agenda. Our PM, Gordon Brown wants to have 42 days for the detention for suspects of acts of t^^^ism.

Geez, that's nothing. The US gives people years, confines them in solitary confinement (a world record for longest solitary confinement at that), starves them, rapes them, sodomizes children in front of their parents (those gitmo fotos somehow never made the BBC). You brits have it easy. Pfft 42 days.

lionsong
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be taking that with a pinch of salt jebba as we all know one mans hell is anothers whiskey bar ;)
But interestingly enough that shines a light on a very important concept - the moral accountability of all governments and their brilliance at shirking it. Even the lengths they will go to as to ensure people on a large scale are ignorant to it.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP