FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAGHEAD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansencomputers
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: BLAGHEAD Reply with quote

Hi,
I wanna give BLAGHEAD a try. I downloaded BLAGHEAD-i386-1.img, but I'm not sure what to do with this file. Is this similar to an iso image? Do I burn it to a disc? Not sure how to proceed, or maybe I'm off-track.

Mike

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

The recommended method is to edit your apt and/or yum repositories, do an "apt-get update" and then an "apt-get dist-upgrade". Jebba has posted an excellent wiki that I have followed to the T multiple times with only a minimum of "improvisation".

jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAGHEAD-i386-1.img ??? What is that? There are no installable blaghead images (so far). You have to "get there" by upgrading from a previous release.
hansencomputers
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will follow those instructions. I thought there was an ISO file to download and install, like a new version of BLAG.

Thanks,
Mike

jebba
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note that this thing is moving very fast, has lots of updates, and lots of conflicting updates. That's what you gotta deal with if you want the very latest in *everything*.
datman
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
BLAGHEAD-i386-1.img ??? What is that? There are no installable blaghead images (so far). You have to "get there" by upgrading from a previous release.

Presume he was referring to the qemu img you created. I thought it would be a good starting point also if I could have figured out how to install it.

Anyway, I tried BLAGHEAD once, gave up for lack of time, but getting a hankering to give it another go once 90K gets more stable. Read the posts & the wiki - think I can follow that. What would you recommend as a starting point - 70K or 90K? Would it be best to start with a stripped down, no X install, or should it matter? I do want to keep 90K and BLAGHEAD as separate installations this time. Your thoughts, please. Want to take a more intelligent approach this time.

Thanks,
datman

jebba
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start from 90k. Do the most minimal install you are comfortable bringing up. So either do super minimal, or if you dont want to go thru all the hassle of that, do a gnome install then upgrade over that.

I have been trying to make blaghead CD images, but it's kind of a matter of timing to get it all in place....

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP