BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: About to add m2f...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
I am about to add http://mail2forum.com/ to these forums and the BLAG lists.

If you receive any rogue messages or the forums all break, don't worry I will fix it.

Fingers crossed :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Ok it only works with the default phpbb theme but you should be able to use this link with the BLAG themes.

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/m2f_usercp.php

If not, change your theme, go to "Forum Subscriptions" at the top and subscribe. I was going to force the entire forum to subscribe but I think that is not good lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: About to add m2f...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Sending to m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org....

Jason wrote:
Quote:
Ok it only works with the default phpbb theme but you should be able to
use this link with the BLAG themes.

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/m2f_usercp.php

If not, change your theme, go to "Forum Subscriptions" at the top and
subscribe. I was going to force the entire forum to subscribe but I
think that is not good lol.




-------------------- m2f --------------------

Sent using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com).

Read this topic online here:
http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopi ... 5600#25600

-------------------- m2f --------------------


Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
So, it works but not with a mailing list as such like blag-users.

Basically we need a generic POP3 account to act as the go between the forums and mailing list.

I have created one on this server (m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org) which is just to test. We can keep it if you want but it is a crap name to be honest.

Is there any way to create a pop3 account that looks like blag-users@lists or do you want to create something more desirable?

We don't need SMTP I hacked up a little way around that. We just need to decide what POP3 we want to use and voila this is sorted.

Let me know which one you want to use. All I need is server, user and pass or you guys feel free to let me know if you want ANYTHINGHERE@forums.blagblagblag.org.

If one of you see fit to edit it yourselves in the admin file, don't break it. Just go to Distribution Lists > Configure and change email stuff there. Everyone else is perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Also beware with stuff like this there is a double bounce.

You email server creates 1 post on the board.
The server sees 1 post and creates email in return.

Basically you get the same thing twice and best of all there is no way to actually get around it. Not a massive problem it is more like a verification it has been posted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
Let me reintegrate I never made that clear at al.

It goes TO blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org but not FROM.

So when you reply TO blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org it won't post.

When you reply to m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org it does post.

It can only pull email from mbox, gmail, POP3 or STDIN.

Shall I subscribe m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org to blag-users? That does mean EVERYTHING on blag users will appear here though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
/me pings with BLAGlite theme.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
Quote:
Quote:
Shall I subscribe m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org
<mailto:m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org> to blag-users? That does mean
EVERYTHING on blag users will appear here though.

I went ahead and subscribed m2f@forums.blagblagblag.org to the blag-users list.
Easiest from within mailman instead of having to send a mail from there, etc.


I think you mention this, but with the theme I'm using when I post now I get:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/m2f_html_email_body.tpl does not
exist


So that's definitely gotta get sorted because it makes it so you can't even
post anymore. That was with the forums "BLAG" theme. I also tested with the
BLAGlite theme and it fails too!

This means no one can currently post to the forums with the default theme!
Yikes. We gotta fix that! ;)

If you're not around I'm gonna see if I can track down my account info for the
forums server and see what I can figure out. May just be copying that template
into place, no?

Thanks,

-Jeff

_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
jeff wrote:
Quote:
I think you mention this, but with the theme I'm using when I post now I get:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/m2f_html_email_body.tpl does not
exist


So that's definitely gotta get sorted because it makes it so you can't even
post anymore. That was with the forums "BLAG" theme. I also tested with the
BLAGlite theme and it fails too!

This means no one can currently post to the forums with the default theme!
Yikes. We gotta fix that! ;)

Ah, I see it actually does get posted, just gives the error. Anyway, I'm logged
into that box and going to see if I can sort some of this out as you may be
gone for the night (?).

-Jeff

P.S. I tried to install git on there but it had some deps issues that I didn't
want to break (This is centos box for those watching btw). You have a lot going
on on that box! :)

P.P.S. I did subscribe m2f@ but the posts dont appear to be arriving @ forums.
_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
pong! with BLAG theme after I just copied all the m2f theme stuff from templates/subsilver/admin/m2f* over to the BLAG & BLAGlite themes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
Ok, so that works happily.

The forum posts aren't going to the list though I subscribed m2f@, but maybe you just need some cron job running.

I'm going to leave this where it's at for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
jebba wrote:
Quote:
Ok, so that works happily.

The forum posts aren't going to the list though I subscribed m2f@, but
maybe you just need some cron job running.

Ah, they are going! I think we've arrived. :)

Thanks jason,

-Jeff
_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Posts: 621
Location: London
This is working I think.

blag-users > m2f@ > forums

forums > blag-users

The m2f@ is the key part as that is the essential POP3 box.

Attachments **should** work but if not I will fix it. I will be around a bit tonight but mostly tomorrow in the day. I am in NYC now until September so not working on GMT time.

I got a cron that runs once every minute. Depending on server load (shouldn't be an issue this baby is powerful) I will leaveit like that or 5 minutes. Either way I think we are there.

I will have a look at the aesthetics's once we know this is perfect because the quote box does look kinda poo at times.

I figured leaving the sig at the bottom is a must simply because if there are any formatting errors we will know it is from email rather than lazy users.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
Jason wrote:
Quote:
This is working I think.

Ya, I think we're ok. I thought I had a mail loop running for a minute there
though. ;)

Quote:
blag-users > m2f@ > forums

forums > blag-users

The m2f@ is the key part as that is the essential POP3 box.

Does it only accept mail from the lists and such? It's address is going to be
harvested and spammed here RSN...

Quote:
Attachments **should** work but if not I will fix it. I will be around a
bit tonight but mostly tomorrow in the day. I am in NYC now until
September so not working on GMT time.

Oh wow. Cool. :) Have fun there.

Quote:
I got a cron that runs once every minute. Depending on server load
(shouldn't be an issue this baby is powerful) I will leaveit like that
or 5 minutes. Either way I think we are there.

Ya, once a minute seems good. I dont think checking a pop box is going to slow
that box down! heh

Quote:
I will have a look at the aesthetics's once we know this is perfect
because the quote box does look kinda poo at times.

Not urgent, but would be nice to prettyize it.

Quote:
I figured leaving the sig at the bottom is a must simply because if
there are any formatting errors we will know it is from email rather
than lazy users.

WORKSFORME.


Cool, thanks for setting it up. I already like it enough that I want it for
blag-devel<-->forums-development, but lets wait a week or two before we do that.


Since I was on that box I also changed bugzilla to spew to blag-noise@ instead
of blag-devel@ since we now have that list.


Thanks!!!

-Jeff
_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group