FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
LiveCD, Languages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: LiveCD, Languages Reply with quote

Hi
Is there any LiveCD version of Blag Linux?
What languages are supported by Blag Linux?
Thank you.

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is no LiveCD of BLAG. Many BLAG programs are available in multiple languages, and so is GNOME, the desktop environment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live CDs are like Canada Dry, they have the color of Linux, they have the taste of but they can't give the same performance than an really harddisk installed linux...
The better way is to find an old computer to make the first try.

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAG should support most languages that share the English character set (e.g. french, spanish, german, etc.). It doesn't come by default with things needed for chinese, japanese, greek, etc. Although someone did make a chinese version of blag once.

That said, I haven't really been using blag in any language other than english. There seems to be a good number of French users though.

As for live CD, there are docs on the net on how to convert Fedora into a live-cd. These same docs should apply to BLAG. I don't have any plans to make a live cd as I have enough going already, but it may be a fun project for someone to work on. :)

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP