BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm 

hiya

i've had some buggyness under 90k, system lockups which i thought were related to yum/yumex but then appeared to be quite random. i tried fedora 9, and got the same thing.

i suspect it is something to do with the sound, as there is some general weirdness going on with the mixers - levels jumping up and down, muting, etc.

have any of you had similar problems with the snd-intel-hda module? i tried running both the alsa and oss mixers, and had the same crashes.

it all works fine in 70k, which is what i've reverted to as my wife is in the middle of a masters and we can't have any crashes right now!

cheers

bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

I had a problem with a Thinkpad X60s. From what I can remember there's something to add in /etc/modprobe.conf but there's /etc/modprobe.conf.dist now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

snd-intel-hda: I am using this in a number of systems without problem. But I have come across many posts of people having problems with it (not in blag, but in general in fedora/linux) especially related to it popping and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:24 pm 

i've basically got that board coz a friend in spain, a linux noob, bought a barebones dell tower and installed ubuntu. he was having so many sound issues, i bought the same board (a thirty quid asus as i remember, cheaper than the cost of umpteen international phone calls...) to see if i could replicate the problems. it lasted a week before i blagged it and it worked perfectly until i tried 90k.