FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Adobe Flash woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vornan19
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Adobe Flash woes Reply with quote

Hey all,
Am I the only one who can't install flash under 9001?
I know Synaptic is fudged so it won't install it. So I download the YUM package and Yum hates it too.
I tried the RPM and it won't recognize the path I type (/usr/lib/mozilla/) and I've tried gnash which installed but what does it do? Nothing so far.
The only thing I can think of is that my home dir is encrypted and this gpg stuff.
Any tips? I'm going nuts here! ;-)

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Adobe Flash woes Reply with quote

Vornan19 wrote:
Hey all,
Am I the only one who can't install flash under 9001?
I know Synaptic is fudged so it won't install it. So I download the YUM package and Yum hates it too.
I tried the RPM and it won't recognize the path I type (/usr/lib/mozilla/) and I've tried gnash which installed but what does it do? Nothing so far.
The only thing I can think of is that my home dir is encrypted and this gpg stuff.
Any tips? I'm going nuts here! ;-)

Code:
yum install gnash gnash-plugins

Perhaps you didn't have the -plugins RPM installed (?).

Vornan19
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but unfortunately I'm still stumped! There doesn't seem to be a plugins file.

yum install gnash gnash-plugins
Loaded plugins: list-data
blag | 2.4 kB 00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2 | 7.4 MB 00:22
adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package gnash-0.8.2-2.fc9.i386 already installed and latest version
No package gnash-plugins available.
Nothing to do

Vornan19
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: re: Adobe Flash woes Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I finally got it working by downloading the source(?) and manually coping the plugin file.

Thanks again!

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it's gnash-plugin, not -plugins.

Code:
yum install gnash-plugin

neadlengato
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Adobe Flash woes Reply with quote

for some reason i cant watch any videos on the laptop anymore

for both youtube and bbc it tells me i dont have flash to watch the videos so i need to dowload it from the adobe website......ive done that a million times but its still not working

ive restarted the lappy and installed it again but to no avail

someone help

Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you may use greasemonkey and the script youtube without flash on youtube; it works! Take a look there: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771

Of course gnash doesn't work with BBC videos. So you can take a look on fedora forums how to install adobe flash player if you really want to use it.
There we don't use non-free software. Blag is a 100% free distro so doesn't include any non-free software.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP