FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
multipart email not showing all parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
r7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: multipart email not showing all parts Reply with quote

hi all

anyone know how to check if a multipart email is correctly formatted? i have a multipart email which doesn't do the right thing in thunderbird, but does in horde webmail and would like to know if it's malformed or a t/bird bug.

i tried the thunderbird forum, but i'm not sure that the answer i've received is correct.

i can supply more details if required.

r7

Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, never recieved any multi-part messages, so no idea of what to suggest to you. Have you had a good look at the options/preferences menu?
berkbw
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might matter what mail/os system the mail went.

I have had BUNCHES of problems fwd'ing to windows boxes, every time I switch mailers in linux. So, these days, I usually send to my business box 1st to see/fix.
b-

r7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: thunderbird behaviour Reply with quote

Saint of Killers wrote:
Sorry, never recieved any multi-part messages, so no idea of what to suggest to you. Have you had a good look at the options/preferences menu?

i have done much poking around in the thunderbird prefs prior to asking this question. i think this ends up as difference of opinion: i think thunderbird should do one thing [emulate horde's behaviour] and the t'bird folks don't see it as a problem.

i really must get mutt sorted one fine day...

r7

r7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: not a problem in this case, i think Reply with quote

berkbw wrote:
It might matter what mail/os system the mail went.

fortunately i have some info on this. the email in question is a monthly newsletter i receive as a member of the iberianatureforum. it is produced using the mailer module for the forum software smf 1.1.5. i have already initiated a discussion with the site admins as a couple of other things [imho] need to be tweaked]. the forum runs on apache 2.2.8 under unix, so i don't think that's an issue.

r7

noldrin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird the screwed up things that can be done to email. Lotus Noites in the worst in my experience.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP