FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
How to remove yum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gullible jones
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: How to remove yum Reply with quote

As a devotee of apt and a fan of minimal systems, I'd like to remove yum from my BLAG install. However, apt seems to think that doing so will hose my system, removing such things as bash and init (and yum says the same thing about removing apt). How can I remove yum and its dependencies without removing my entire base system?
jebba
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove yum Reply with quote

Gullible jones wrote:
As a devotee of apt and a fan of minimal systems, I'd like to remove yum from my BLAG install. However, apt seems to think that doing so will hose my system, removing such things as bash and init (and yum says the same thing about removing apt). How can I remove yum and its dependencies without removing my entire base system?

You can rebuild the applications that are requiring yum to not require it. In BLAG, that will come with much pain. You pretty much want to leave yum there. Yes you do.

Gullible jones
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiousity, why should those applications require yum? It's a package manager, not a system library - core system stuff shouldn't depend on it, AFACT.
john maclean
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm, never tried this or even thought about it. /me fires up a virtual machine...

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP