BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLAG. Just BLAG or more?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:10 pm 

Hello all!

Do you think BLAG is just BLAG Linux and GNU or something more? For me using free software is not just installing a GNU/LINUX distribution and use it. It's more; it's a lifestyle, a political and philosophical way of life. It goes with being "libertaire" (Is libertarian the right English word?), vegetarian, cooking and eating in harmony with the nature (My tendency Zen Sotô), etc...
Sorry it was my Sunday morning "angoisse métaphysique".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Uh, more i suppose. I'm personally "libertarian", "anarchist", "post-capitalist anarchist left" (new phrase i've heard recently)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 pm 

I thought something like that when I saw the bookmarks in my Firefox browser after my first installation. I kept them all.
What do you (And others) think about the "sustainable degrowth" (In French décroissance soutenable)?
I'm a "L'Ecologiste" (French version of The Ecologist) reader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:47 pm 

Junichirô wrote:
What do you (And others) think about the "sustainable degrowth" (In French décroissance soutenable)?

I'm actually using gNewSense, but I plan to test BLAG soon. The reason is not technical and not even simple curiosity: the reason is the black star I see in the bootom of every page in this site.

Well, it's a bit complicated to explain here what I think about technology. I'm somewhere between Free Software Foundation and John Zerzan.

I think that "sustainable degrowth" is important if we want to survive. But my priorities are others. I don't want a world made of jails, armies and exploitations to survive. I want to change it in more than one sense, not only industrial/technlological degrowth. Do you agree?

Also, I'm vegan. This is a matter of degrowth, why not... it's indredibily stupid to use an enormous quantity of agiculture and water for animals. But amongst all, I think that, even in darkest eras, humans never suffered as much as animals suffer everyday in their prisons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:05 pm 

Yes Sir! I agree. I'm veggie and most of time vegan.
When I eat cheese, eggs or use milk (For the cats), it's only organic products.
Quote:
I don't want a world made of jails, armies and exploitations to survive.

I agree too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 pm 

Since one year I'm totally vegan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:04 pm 

Well, I think that BLAG largely represents the urge of the people to be independent. It represents a want to be free of reliance on large corporate entities who are out of touch with the wants and needs of the people. In the case of Apple, BLAG also represents the want of the people to use the devices they purchase without the restrictions on usage that Apple implements.

I am not a vegan or vegetarian. I am by no means far right or left wing. I will always fight for freedom. The freedom to be wealthy, the freedom to be poor. If I work for something, it belongs to me unless I choose to share it. If I do not work for something it is not mine, unless someone is willing to share it. I do not believe in forced charity (aka welfare). I do not believe that health care is a right, because I do not believe in forcing anyone to do anything (aka forcing a doctor to treat someone knowing that they will never be compensated for the time, energy and materials usage).

I use open source software because I feel that contracts restricting what I can do are contrary to my beliefs in doing whatever the heck you want to do (so long as you do not harm others).

On the vegan front, plants are also living things and recent studies done at Bonn University have shown that plants can think and feel (sort of). I find that eating plants in exclusion to everything else is just as wrong as eating only animals. Soy is also not that great for men to eat in abundance, and as far as I am concerned I would rather eat one steak than nearly a pound or two of mushrooms to make up for the lack of nutrients in my diet.