BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's up with BLAG?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:12 pm 

Hil Folks!

I am into Blag since a few years and it has always been my favourite Linux-Distribution.
Last Time i saw, that there was something goin on, jebba went away and everything stucked.

So, what is up with jebba? I cannot find a good answer searching all the topis in the forum.
What is up with BLAG? Will there be any new releases?

And so: What can I do for BLAG? If there is any chance to work on something on BLAG, i would love to do it.

Greetings to all!

michi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:59 pm 

Ahoy michi

Yes, jebba is gone. Currently there is work done to bring BLAG back to live.
As it seems atm the plan will be to start releases again on FC11/BLAG110k but get updates for 90k running again asap.
So we will need to get some packaging done, learn how to use pungi for respinning Fedora and most essentially, maintain our own repository.

The best and fastest way to get involved is to hit the IRC channel (#blag on irc.indymedia.org). Furthermore there is the blag-whereto ML hosted at aktivix on which some discussion is going on.
There's plenty of stuff to do and everybody is welcome to move on any task suiting him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:25 pm 

Getting access to server space and bandwidth seems to be priority number one. Jebba took most of that infrastructure with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:33 pm 

Some of the things that slow down getting BLAG back on track:

recreating physical infrastructure: having servers and bandwidth and very important

recreating virual infrastructure: basically recreating the scripts that will go out and get the updated packages and turn them into BLAG repos without pulling in nonfree is a project in itself. Especially since the Fedora world of repos has changed a lot since BLAG stopped updating.

Then it's getting the spinning of BLAG working again.

To help BLAG, it will be helpful to aquire useful skills such as, compiling code, making rpms. writing/hacking python, learning fedora build tools, serving administration, or just general Linux knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 pm 

For BLAG 90k updates, see here: http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?t=4992