BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:25 pm 

Hi, I am Ben. I am the one who told Jeff to put up forums. Anyways, I dont have a computer to install BLAG on but I want to install it onto the laptop I am getting ind September. I am currently looking for a good laptop with a 64-bit CPU. Anyways, any suggestions would be great. Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Did you mention the Aviator AX6? http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/AX6/
Looks like an incredible laptop. Do you need 64-bits for anything in particular or are you just checking it out? I haven't ran AMD-64 yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:24 am 
jebba wrote:
Looks like an incredible laptop. Do you need 64-bits for anything in particular or are you just checking it out? I haven't ran AMD-64 yet.

Yeah, I really want a 64-bit CPU laptop. But if it isnt avalible I guess I will have to go with a 32-bit CPU laptop :(. Because the CPU is only one piece of hardware but I still have my hopes up because Intel may come out with a 64-bit CPU soon and those are the processors Prostar laptops run on. Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:28 am 

Anonymous wrote:
jebba wrote:

Yeah, I really want a 64-bit CPU laptop. But if it isnt avalible I guess I will have to go with a 32-bit CPU laptop :(. Because the CPU is only one piece of hardware but I still have my hopes up because Intel may come out with a 64-bit CPU soon and those are the processors Prostar laptops run on. Thanks...

Sorry, that was me. Those Sager laptops look good to. (Mabey Even Better). If you have any info on Intel's mobile 64-bit CPU PLEASE POST IT. Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:11 am 

Does anybody know if the Pro-Star laptops have duel channel memory? And whats a "Subwoofer"? Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:43 pm 
In the real world a subwoofer is a speaker for the low frequencies sounds. It is a nice thing to have; it can make your walls vibrate.
In a laptop, however a subwoofer is a marketing scam (a real subwoofer is much bigger than a laptop).
The good thing is that the laptop with the "subwoofer" would have a sound richer in the low frequencies.
Sorry, I have no clue about Intel’s plans.
Just a little piece of advice: in a laptop size DOES matter. Try to strike a balance between power and size. A 4 kg bag only for the laptop and the power supply is not a thing you will be happy to carry around every day.