FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 90k updates.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junichirô
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: BLAG 90k updates. Reply with quote

There is a new repository for BLAG 90k which provides updates.
I tested it since a week with no problem.
So you can use it with replacing your /etc/yum.repos.d/blag.repo file with:
Code:
[blag]
name=BLAG
baseurl=ftp://therion.noldrin.com/pub/BLAG/linux/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Thanks to noldrin.
For now it is only for BLAG i386.

noldrin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be trying to keep the updates going later on this week and track down some bugs. A lot of the repos merged into rpm fusion, causing the audio codecs to get renamed.
Junichirô
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@noldrin Do you think we'll have updates for Blag x86_64 too?
noldrin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is next on my list.. it shouldn't be too hard, I just need to mod the scripts to point to 64 bit stuff. I'll give it a whirl this weekend
Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news. Last version I has was 70000, and it was nice. No access to repo anymore, so went to grab 90000, but neither torrent nor download links seem to work. Ben using Fedora 9 in place of, as can't find a good download. The torrent would be good, can download in my off-peak time while asleep, but it refuses to connect , no one is seeding it seems.

If can get a copy of 90000, would happily swap over, as my experiences with 700000 were quite promising.

Also, thank you to all involved. Your efforts are appreciated. :)

noldrin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70K was my favorite version of BLAG. 90K is a bit more build your own, but it's still an awesome OS.
Junichirô
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Saint of Killers Try this:
Try here: ftp://therion.noldrin.com/pub/BLAG/linux/90000/en/iso/

or here: http://ks355011.kimsufi.com/blag/90000/en/iso/

I'll try to update the BLAG website links this week-end. But for now I try to understand how it is make. try to make it valid W3C, first.

Junichirô
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download link on BLAG homepage works now. It downloads from: http://www.blagblagblag.org/blag/.
I'll give the others links on the download pages later. I've some troubles to understand the architecture of the site.

Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, managed to pull down a copy last night, and is now installed, blew away the Fedora 9 install I had. Oddly, my sound doesn't work, and I'm trying to sort out the repos situation with searching, but the only results seem to suggest YUM, which I was never fond of. It shits me to be frank, at least my experience with it. much prefer apt/Synaptic. Is apt-get still workable here now, or are we stuck with YUM only? I assume I'll need to install some alsa bits to enable alsaconf, as it doesn't work at present. Oh well, more fiddling to do. :)

Overall, am very happy to be able to be running BLAG again, and hope that things can be pulled together. The efforts by all involved so far in "rebuilding" and holding everything together has been nothing short of incredible, just from viewing the traffic and feedback on the forum since Jebba left things and pulled the plug. No idea what happened there, and it doesn't really matter, what matters is that people did not just give up, and pulled together, a sign of real community. Excellent work fellas. :)

edit: Have found the solution tom the apt-get repo on forum. Edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/blag.list to replace the repo listing with rpm http://ks355011.kimsufi.com/blag/90000/en/os i386/BLAG blag dribble fedora freshrpms kriehn livna fsfla , and all seems fine. I also had to do something to stop it complaining, can't recall exact solution tho, too damn tired. :P All seems good now, just need to fix the damn sound., Cheers for everything peoples. :)

Junichirô
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but updates from ftp://therion.noldrin.com/pub/BLAG/linux/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG are more up do date.
It doesn't seem to work with apt-get.

noldrin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examining the apt issue is definitely on the list.
Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Yes but updates from ftp://therion.noldrin.com/pub/BLAG/linux/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG are more up do date.
It doesn't seem to work with apt-get.

Yes, I'm just now realising this. apt-get/Synaptic updates fine, but throws a fit when i try installing stuff. *sigh* errors like "error: unpacking of archive failed on file /bin/alsacard;497c15ad: cpio: MD5 sum mismatch"

Have to resort to the pain in the arse that is YUM I suppose. At least we have alternatives. Thanks again for everything peoples, it is appreciated. :)

Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install gnome-packagekit; so you'll have a graphical manager for update and install/remove software.
kinkelson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: still doesnt work Reply with quote

I followed the instructions and changed the repo information and yet i meet errors

It tells me Login or password incorrect!
What could be the cause?

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: still doesnt work Reply with quote

kinkelson wrote:
I followed the instructions and changed the repo information and yet i meet errors

It tells me Login or password incorrect!
What could be the cause?

The server "therion" is no longer available. Please substitute the URL http://ks355011.kimsufi.com/blag/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG/.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP