FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slick50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

How about opening a forum Tricks&Tips so we can share some knowlege we have learned
also would help out others. Politics forum maybe drop it? Googling burns me out sometime, And would like to read something interesting someone could share,shortcuts,command line,apps that work and ones that don't.,When things go bad! Rescue,Grub and so on,what hardware that works, what too stay away from you get it... thanks

john maclean
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound like a good idea but what about the wiki? I guess quite a few ppl have thier own separate blogs where they record, note and log configurations and such. Isn't the wiki a central location for this? I'm tired of google too sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a good ideea.
I also think our forum needs a better structure, as of now we have 2500+posts in 4 categories.
If I would not be so busy i would volunteer to organize the stuff a little.

Jason
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need anymore forums really. Sure there are a few posts but not enough volume daily to really say they are overly busy.

The wiki does need to be used more though.

Forums = questions & dicussion.
Wiki = guides and documentation.

I am sure most of the people here for a while are starting to really sink their teeth into Linux. So I would assume docs will flow sometime soon

john maclean
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope and guess that there are alot of configs, tweaks and hacks out there but they are probably on bits of paper. The volume of posts may not warrant loads of categories, jyet ;)

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP