FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
RPM Build error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weyasey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: RPM Build error Reply with quote

I've been trying to build the latest versions of stfl and newsbeuter rpm packages b ut have been failing at the first hurdle which is building the stfl rpm.

I am looking for any help that I can get so have posted the rpmbuild output on pastbin,
http://pastebin.ca/1468604
please have a look maybe someone can see where I've been going wrong. Also take into account that I am a novice at building RPMs so make your replies simply/easy for all of us to learn.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quick look at the output suggests that DESTDIR is prepending "/var/tmp/stfl-0.20-3-root-%" incorrectly - i.e. output should be going to /usr/share/xsessions instead of /var/tmp/stfl-0.20-3-root-%/usr/share/xsessions, etc. Not having the build script in front of me I'm wondering if DESTDIR can be configured, or if another variable is responsible for the bogus prefix.

BTW - looking through some Fedora-related forums it looks like you're not the only one who's encountered issues building this library. Here is a posting from the linuxquestions.org forum that might be insightful.

Just my two cents.

weyasey
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extraspecialbitter wrote
Quote:
a quick look at the output suggests that DESTDIR is prepending "/var/tmp/stfl-0.20-3-root-%" incorrectly - i.e. output should be going to /usr/share/xsessions instead of /var/tmp/stfl-0.20-3-root-%/usr/share/xsessions, etc. Not having the build script in front of me I'm wondering if DESTDIR can be configured, or if another variable is responsible for the bogus prefix.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think the DESTDIR is as you suggest but please have a look at it, I made the RPM for the first version which is on Trac and that built ok, however the spec file is here> http://pastebin.ca/1469147 for the lastest version.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my suggestion - although I don't know if it will make any difference - change line #78 from:

Code:
install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_datadir}/xsessions

to

Code:
install -d ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}%{_datadir}/xsessions

I'll keep looking and might even try a spin for good measure...

weyasey
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that did not work...same error message

Thanks for all the help...see if you can do a spin, newsbeuter is a great application would be cool to do the new version for the next blag.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP