FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Question of installing Blag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhomp2002
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Question of installing Blag Reply with quote

Since Fedora 9 is not going to be available very soon, what are the plans for upgrading to a newer release of Fedora? My understanding from what I read on Slashdot is that Fedora 9 will be gone within a couple of weeks because of the Fedora practice of keeping the n and n-1 versions available. I am guessing that I would be better to wait for the release of Blag based on either Fedora 10 or Fedora 11 rather than installing the current version but I am not sure. BTW I am a total newbie to Blag so this is just a question as to the practice of Fedora and BLAG.
john maclean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ppl are working on updates and newer versions now. You will be updated via announcements here, emails etc.
rhomp2002
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Further question on the subject Reply with quote

Are they working based on Fedora 11 or Fedora 10. I understand that Fedora 11 is getting a much better review than Fedora 10 so I would hope that will be the base. Support will also last longer.
renilgh
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC10 will be skipped. The aim for the next genuine new release is FC11.

--renilgh

rhomp2002
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Glad to hear it. I will be waiting for the announcement Reply with quote

(NT)
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP