FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Downloading Adobe Flash in BLAG.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaffyworld
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Downloading Adobe Flash in BLAG. Reply with quote

Hello all, I am new to BLAG so if this sounds like a newbie question it most likely is. Well I went to the adobe flash site and tried to download it. It detected I was using GNU/Linux. So it gave me a list of file options. But I tried downloading all of them and none of them were readable by my BLAG. So If you could tell me if I have to download something first or what. It would be great help to me
Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAG is 100% free GNU/LINUX distribution. So no adobe flash player. You can install Gnash.
For a more recent version of gnash you can install one here: http://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca/updates/9/i386.newkey/
You'll have to install gnash and gnash plugin. This version works fine on youtube, for example.
It is possible to install adobe flash player with the rpm package on the adobe site.
But I can't encourage you to do it!
There is a section on the forum for non-free package. Please use it to discuss about such non-free software

jaffyworld
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
BLAG is 100% free GNU/LINUX distribution. So no adobe flash player. You can install Gnash.
For a more recent version of gnash you can install one here: http://fedora.mirror.iweb.ca/updates/9/i386.newkey/
You'll have to install gnash and gnash plugin. This version works fine on youtube, for example.
It is possible to install adobe flash player with the rpm package on the adobe site.
But I can't encourage you to do it!
There is a section on the forum for non-free package. Please use it to discuss about such non-free software

On the link, all the files on the site end with *.rpm

Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! On blag (derived from fedora) binary packages are rpm.
Dowload the two I name and install them. Gnash first and gnash plugin after.
If gnome-packagekit is installed you can install them when clicking on them; if no rpm -i thenameofthepackage.
To install gnome-packagekit: yum install gnome-packagekit (in root).

jaffyworld
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Yes! On blag (derived from fedora) binary packages are rpm.
Dowload the two I name and install them. Gnash first and gnash plugin after.
If gnome-packagekit is installed you can install them when clicking on them; if no rpm -i thenameofthepackage.
To install gnome-packagekit: yum install gnome-packagekit (in root).

Oh than thanks for your help :D

Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to set-up the repositories like that:
http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?t=5054

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP