FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Trisquel GNU/Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Trisquel GNU/Linux Reply with quote

Has anyone out there heard of Trisquel GNU/Linux? DistroWatch describes it as "a 100% libre Ubuntu-based Linux distribution with support for the Galician language, as well as Spanish, Catalan, Euskaraz and English." I was wondering if any fellow BLAGers have taken it out for a test drive.
Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ont it now! French version too.
ewl
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed it twice, once with the long term support based on Hardy (Robur) and then with dwyn which is based on Jaunty. It's great. dwyn has an up-to-date kernel which supports a lot more hardware than gNewSense or the last Blag release.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewl wrote:
I've installed it twice, once with the long term support based on Hardy (Robur) and then with dwyn which is based on Jaunty. It's great. dwyn has an up-to-date kernel which supports a lot more hardware than gNewSense or the last Blag release.

Yeah I agree, it's better than gNewSense. I like Trisquel. I'm using it now. :)

vx
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanTuring wrote:
ewl wrote:

Yeah I agree, it's better than gNewSense. I like Trisquel. I'm using it now. :)

it looks really cool...

btw- I recently discovered Kongoni ( based on slackware) that also have the same philosophy to only include floss and to be easy to use... I'm burning a cd now to test it .. . .

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP