BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 pm 
Hi All,

I just wanted to get a show of replies, where you could contribute to the next release of blag.

tearms:
user documentation on wiki
reply to any new topic in the support post in the forums
contribute to any support issues from discussions on IRC
images (photographs) for the next release
learning how to develop blag for a future release
generally teach and contribute with others to help us to strive learning from each other and provide great support

When there are enough replies, I hope to create a poll, by categorizing answers so that we can see what percentage of people can contribute in a certain area.

Also, if no one minds, I would like to also extrapolate a list of possible groups that can focus there time in specific areas where there may be a need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:09 am 
Site Admin

It's dead, Jim.

Unless someone presents a beta to the community, I think it's a fair assessment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:05 am 

stevo32 wrote:
It's dead, Jim.

Unless someone presents a beta to the community, I think it's a fair assessment.

Fair, but irrelevant in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am 
Hmm.

The perspective is fair, but lets work on bringing that beta to the community together, so the work done here becomes and stays relevant. Each of us is a resource that collectively becomes our greatest strength. It is this power that presents itself uniquely in each of us that lends us to be great in our own lives despite being hundreds or thousands of miles apart. What we bring here is an environment very different that is a reflection of some of the values we cherish in our everyday lives that we can be proud from every release prior and willing, every release forward.

Right now, what we have is the foundation of a support community that is able to solve minimally the basic issues that any end-user may encounter when downloading blag. It is going to take baby steps to solve what it takes to get to beta, so let that discussion begin here, take place on the blag-whereto mailing list and irc.

stevo32, thanks for your insight, can you post a reply where you believe you can help?

ineiev wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
It's dead, Jim.

Fair, but irrelevant in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Any questions related to building packages can be directed to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm 

Happy to contribute, just not sure how. Happy to share what knowledge i have in the forums, and IRC, but otherwise, uncertain of what i can offer. But willing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 pm 

stevo32 wrote:

I wonder what packages actually should be built for BLAG? when looking in the repository
contents, I saw that many of them just come from Fedora. am I wrong?

I'd like to contribute, too, but at the moment have no idea about what
a distribution essentially is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:53 pm 
ineiev, for 2010 I hope that we can begin having that discussion for people to see where they can contribute

ineiev wrote:
stevo32 wrote:

I wonder what packages actually should be built for BLAG? when looking in the repository
contents, I saw that many of them just come from Fedora. am I wrong?

I'd like to contribute, too, but at the moment have no idea about what
a distribution essentially is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm 

I would be happy and proud to contribute, but, due to my schedule, it can be quite irregular.

Whatever, I could contribute to the user documentation and support, and eventually help in technical things (I've been into a lot of things, and I can't help trying to learn new things)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:37 pm 
koko,

That type of attitude is what we need here! Thanks for posting. What are your technical strengths?

Koko_the_crazy_koala wrote:
I would be happy and proud to contribute, but, due to my schedule, it can be quite irregular.

Whatever, I could contribute to the user documentation and support, and eventually help in technical things (I've been into a lot of things, and I can't help trying to learn new things)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm 

This question is quite vague ^^

As I said, i've been into a lot of things : web developpment, C++, python... I tried many linux distributions (Gentoo, arch, opensuse, debian...), and tried to do my best with. I tried to do a lot of other things, but I don't remeber exactly everything.

I love to learn, and if I have to learn anything in order to be usefull, i'll do it with pleasure!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm 
Up until this point, I have been learning what I can in order to try and build the next release, but I need some more help from all of you who possess some great skills and who want to dedicate the time contribute too. I've seen many post of people wanting to contribute and up to this point I have appreciative of your willingness to help. In the same token, there's much to be done and there's been no specific discussion on what should and can be done. Today, I want to address that, so people who have ideas can begin contributing. So, I'll just be frank.

One we.riseup.net/blag, I have created committees to showcase areas where I think we need development. This is just a brief outline

Please register and login while you're reading this message to take a look.

Development
------------------
In any case, I would like to take a lead role for the development for 120k, but I need some more help. For anyone who has operating system development, please join the development committee and I would like to establishing task that we need to take on. i would like some help from pablo, who posted to the whereto list recently on completing the framework we need for the future

Webdevelopment
------------------------
junichiro(aka zenblagger), I would like for you to take the role in leading the development for a new design for the site, wiki, trac, forums, etc. for those interested in web development and design, please join that committee. i've set up some task that I think is a start.

Artists
--------
There is no specific person, I have in mind for this role but please volunteer yourself if you are interested in taking on the role of maintaining the art for blag. I'll comment later on what the details. I feel the the traditional artwork is great, but I would like to see new art around the site, on the cd and in other areas.

This is also a broad category, so I would include individuals who do media work to. we can always create sub-committees within committees if necessary

Contributors and Users
-------------------------------
I would really like to see some general hashing on the wiki. It's a monster in itself. As, I think the webdevelopment would be responsible for design, I forsee the roles in these groups as encompassing a number of responsibilities which I think stand for themselves. Developing a framework for support to those new to the community is all I have. What can we do better?

Veterans
------------
You're always around. Keep doing what you're doing, but what we need from you is more active presence.

I would like to propose that we meet this Saturday, May 15th on IRC to discuss all the issues, but during the week, I urge everyone just become familiar with riseup so that there is a common place where documents can live that people can work on individually or in groups.

ineiev
Kunichiro
v0
patrickm
veganix
Koko_the_crazy_koala
kelsoo
Saint of Killers
puppy
extraspecialbitter
stevo32
silince
oswaldkelso
weyasey
contents
Drone4four
renilgh
Jason
jayeola
DasFox
jisis
lxo
and any others on and off the forum with who I've had conversations, contributed feedback to the forums. I just want to say Thank You for your input support, ideas, feedback, criticism and presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 pm 

Junichirô, please as Tanizaki Junichirô.
And zenblagger now on the forum because of f**** à)°]}&€.
Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm 

Two questions :

- What do you call developers? For me, it's programmers, but I could be mistaking
- When would there be a meeting on Saturday?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm 
The meeting time for Saturday would be 2pm UTC-0 to stay with the standard time on Saturday. Let's leave it open for discussion just in case that's not the best for everyone.