FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Release name for future BLAG releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koko_the_crazy_koala
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 too, I love that idea :) It completely shows our point of view.
bla
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Spartacus Reply with quote

+1 for me. The entry in wikipedia sealed it for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus

Koko_the_crazy_koala wrote:
+1 too, I love that idea :) It completely shows our point of view.

contents
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this makes a difference, but version 6.5 of the distribution "antix" was also named "Spartacus".

http://antix.freeforums.org/antix-mepis6-5-spartacus-f2.html

Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll write it as Spartakus; so it'll be an homage to Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg, too.
contents
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! :)
vx
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
We'll write it as Spartakus; so it'll be an homage to Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg, too.

cool!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Political Prisoners Reply with quote

For the next upcoming releases, I'd like to consider naming releases based on political prisoners worldwide. This may mean moving away from the convention of parodying the Fedora releases like we've done in the past.

I'm comfortable with that if it helps tell the (his/her)story of a individual who is currently imprisoned, was imprisoned or face exile or extreme scrutiny in the face of adversity against a system or systems.

Release names provide that ability to inform and discuss within our community individuals that embody some of the political philosophies that impact each of us within our country and globally which impacts us socially, politically and economically, at the very least.

In doing so, we gain knowledge that is part of an important story which may have been lost, forgotten or manipulated which lends us the ability to find truth while showing humility for those who have fought and those who continue to fight in struggles globally.

At the very least, I want to make blaggers and others who come across BLAG to be aware of their contribution and presence in the modern day fight for freedom.

As an example below, here is one website that I found. Please post more as you come across them

http://www.abcf.net/

Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP